Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hard to lose areas

Odd question here. My wife jokingly told me the other day she heard that some people no matter what they do wont be able to lose wieght from their face because the fat cells are to prominent. I laughed but then started freaking out that I would lose 100lbs but still have a chubby face. Has anyone had any problems losing weight in ceratin areas? Sadley there is no machine that specifically works my face at my gym, lol. I guess I will just hope for the best and double down on the cardio.

The face is often the first place weight loss is noticeable.

That is the first place I lost and everyone could tell was in my face. I am having a problem loosing in my lower tummy from being pregnant 3 times and my upper thighs.

For sure the first place I noticed was my face. Dont be scared of that lol. I worried about it too and that if my face got too thin I would have huge eyes. All those things go away when you start seeing yourself change. Lower abs are hard! Try flutter kicks, good videos on youtube.com they are crazy good for lower abs, we do them EVERYDAY! I had 2 kids c-section and I never thought I would get that little pudge to go away.. I LOVE FLUTTER KICKS lol.

My face is much thinner and I no longer have multiple chins.

I do think it is true though that each person has their own hard to lose area. For me it is my stomach. That is not to say I haven't lost weight there because I have but it is still a lot bigger than I would like it to be. It all comes down to where you are genetically predisposed to store your weight. Some people are pears , some are apples. I am most definitely an apple. These days though I am a much smaller apple - if I buy pants then a 4 will normally fit the butt and hips but I sometimes have to buy a 6 to make sure I can get them done up around the waist.

The first place people noticed my weight loss was my face. I am equal opportunity fatty with fat everywhere. lol When my weight is at normal I still figure though that the tummy will be rounder than I want it to be.

Laugh lot, kiss your wife even more and I am sure you will have no trouble losing weight from your face!:lol:

I agree, it is the face first.

Other place I can judge my weight loss is in my hands / wrist.

Wrist watches become looser and slide up my arms, and rings fall off very easily.

I've removed links from my watches. have to get my wedding ring re-sized.

I'm a pear and despite my BMI being 19 and all my chest bones showing, I still have a fair amount of padding on the backside and thighs. People tell me all the time I'm too thin but as soon as I get enough weight on me to hide the ribs in my chest, I have a muffin top and saddlebags. I have to stay skeletal on top for my lower half to be anywhere near acceptable to me.

I definitely lost weight in my face first. When I go through a significant weight change now I always notice it in my face first. Hard places for me are my upper arms and lower stomach, but with the right kind of exercises they are shrinking. I recommend yoga and weight training :D

Here's an example, this is me:

The before / after picture is me last June and then me in August of this year. You can see the difference in my face.

2zfkhl0.jpg

And this picture is from a couple of weeks ago. You can see the difference in my face even from August:

vfw10z.jpg

Rozie, you look fantastic and did a great job on your weight loss!!

My doctor always says people lose their weight top to bottom. Haha most people always lose in their face first... I know I do. My trouble spots are my saddle bags and upper arms. Ugh.