Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro -- Pioneering My Future on 11/3/2011

Just wanted to introduce myself. Surgery scheduled for 2011.Nov.03. I'm terrified about not having a mentor. Would love to bond with fellow November Bandsters as well as some more-experienced folks.

Here's what I wrote about myself in "My Story"...

//

I’d like to say I’m a yo-yo dieter or a roller-coaster, but, for me, this has pretty much been a one-way trip! It was a long journey from 150 to 200 pounds, but 200 to 250 pounds was a quick ride and all uphill. Boom -- what happened? Suddenly I’m on all this medication... I feel terrible... I’d rather stick a pin in my eye than shop for clothes...

I’m so embarrassed by my weight that my social life is non-existent. I dread informal gatherings, holiday family affairs, travel and anything that takes place outdoors. I’ve become one of the great indoors-man of my generation; my exercise regimen consists of a morning jog from my bed to the bathroom.

I don’t want anyone to look at me. I don’t "do" Facebook; I don’t even want to put my picture or list my doc on my Lapbandtalk.com profile... it’s like I live in a self-imposed witness protection program. I’m the girl in the plastic bubble (albeit a very large bubble).

I’m not ready for Deepak Chopra (and he’s not ready for me), but I liked this quote from someone else’s profile:

“Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” -Deepak Chopra

I like that quote (that’s why I stole it). I no longer wish to be a prisoner of my past. I’d much prefer to be a pioneer of my future. That’s why my UserID is “FromPrisoner2Pioneer”.

(Wish me luck!)

I seem to be one of the senior members of this forum. As usual, I’m a day late and a dollar short. But, now that I’m here, I’d love to hear from anyone willing to give me a shout-out.

/P2P

Updated 10.26.2011 (7 days before surgery)

Just wanted to introduce myself. Surgery scheduled for 2011.Nov.03. I'm terrified about not having a mentor. Would love to bond with fellow November Bandsters as well as some more-experienced folks.

Here's what I wrote about myself in "My Story"...

//

I'd like to say I'm a yo-yo dieter or a roller-coaster, but, for me, this has pretty much been a one-way trip! It was a long journey from 150 to 200 pounds, but 200 to 250 pounds was a quick ride and all uphill. Boom -- what happened? Suddenly I'm on all this medication... I feel terrible... I'd rather stick a pin in my eye than shop for clothes...

I'm so embarrassed by my weight that my social life is non-existent. I dread informal gatherings, holiday family affairs, travel and anything that takes place outdoors. I've become one of the great indoors-man of my generation; my exercise regimen consists of a morning jog from my bed to the bathroom.

I don't want anyone to look at me. I don't "do" Facebook; I don't even want to put my picture or list my doc on my Lapbandtalk.com profile... it's like I live in a self-imposed witness protection program. I'm the girl in the plastic bubble (albeit a very large bubble).

I'm not ready for Deepak Chopra (and he's not ready for me), but I liked this quote from someone else's profile:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future." -Deepak Chopra

I like that quote (that's why I stole it). I no longer wish to be a prisoner of my past. I'd much prefer to be a pioneer of my future. That's why my UserID is "FromPrisoner2Pioneer".

(Wish me luck!)

I seem to be one of the senior members of this forum. As usual, I'm a day late and a dollar short. But, now that I'm here, I'd love to hear from anyone willing to give me a shout-out.

/P2P

Updated 10.26.2011 (7 days before surgery)

Hey there, I love that quote too. I can so relate to how you are feeling, although I think your "I'm terrified" level is amped up a little higher than mine with your surgery being- OMG next week. I have 35 days till mine, it's on Dec 1st.

Won't it be great to see where we're at by summer time? I've just moved to outside of Toronto Canada from Calgary, AB 6 weeks ago so I'm completely on my own, which is rough, but it's given me a lot of thinking time. It's made me realize if I want to be happy it's gotta be me to do it, and it's got to be about the weight. It is the root of all my unhappiness. I will see my family and friends in August of next year, that alone is a motivation to work the band hard. I think I want to be 142 but seriously I'm pretty sure 160 will make me pretty darn pleased. I can't wait!!

I'm 43, married to a beautiful man since 1990 and we have 4 kids, my oldest stayed in Calgary to finish university -2nd year nursing, 2 more years to go, I have kids aged 19-7, 3 girls and in the middle a boy. I stay at home so far, work is pretty scarce here and seriously I want to lose my weight first and take some courses and completely reinvent myself to come out of it confident and happy. I think I've been heavy for 16 yrs. I too am at an all time low for self hatred. I'm done...bring on the band I can't wait!! Teresa

Welcome, Pioneer.I won't be banded for several more months, but I look forward to the day when we can all see your face and your newly found confidence!

Thanks, inday. I look forward to that as well! /P2P

Welcome, Pioneer.I won't be banded for several more months, but I look forward to the day when we can all see your face and your newly found confidence!