Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cut down that hurt

I was voted to go pick up the chinese food last night and where you pick up the food is at the bar.

Someone was suppose to pick up the food at 5:30 and it was almost 6:30 when I came to pick it up, so I told the guy behind the counter "sorry I was so late" and the guy sitting at the bar turns to me and says "Why were you having a baby?" then looks me up and down and then he says "oh sorry" and starts to laugh and the guy behind the counter laughs.

I was and still am feeling like crap, I really didn't need that cut down.

My husband said if he was there he would have belted the guy but it still doesn't make me feel any better.

Just venting my hurt feelings......................

That was just MEAN! He probably has few "short comings" himself, and picked on you to vent his own issues. What a PIG he is! Just know that a person like that doesn't need you to hang him. He's the kind just arrogant enough to think he can hang anyone he wants, will braid a noose far superior than any other, then to prove how great it and his method are, he'll put it around his own neck, thereby hanging himself. Poor guy, we should probably feel a little sorry for him... but... I DON'T

Shame shame shame. That was rude and ugly and unacceptable. I'd never go in that place again. Tacky. Tasteless. Immature. Sigh. I'm so sorry.

I know how comments can sting for a long time. Those are the kinds of things you forget for a while, and as soon as you remember them, ugh, the feeling. Please don't hold on to that. Find something to say to yourself each time you think of it. Attack that thinking. Those guys were sooo wrong. Shame on them.

Guest Kira M

Tootarts, I am so sorry that happened to you. I know just how those kinds of experiences cut to the quick. It can take a while to bounce back, and even when we do... we never forget. At least I don't. You just have to really wonder to yourself what kind of pathetic excuse for a human being some one like that is. How ignorant he must be. :couch2:

What an ass. It's amazing how long those put-down words can linger and make us feel bad. And if you're obsessive like me, you're probably thinking of a bunch of witty comebacks that you should've said, lol. That guy is proof that bullying doesn't end in highschool. (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Ooh ooh! I have one...

You should have pretended to misunderstand and said in a very friendly and excited voice: "Yes! I did just have a baby. She's so cute... 6 lbs 8 ounces. Wanna see a picture? Isn't parenting great? Do you have any kids?" Woulda been fun to see him stammer a response... :couch2:

I would have said "Yes! you wanna see the pictures?", then I would have reached in my purse and pulled out my fist and punch him in the face Bruce Lee style. I am so sorry that happened to you, I can't stand people like that.

I really hate it when people act like that. That is just plain mean. But when the person behind the counter who worked there laughed, I would have complained to the manager and stated that they have some very rude employees and that I will take my business some place else and that I will make sure that all of my friends and anyone else that asks about that establishment knows how they treat their customers. But that's just me.

Audra :couch2:

ok, since you were picking up dinner for a group, you were spending more than a few bucks.

If you go there frequenly, that means you are a valuable customer for that restaurant.

Call the manager, tell him that the barman was very rude and insulting, and that your group will no longer be eating there. Be sure to tell him that you spend $X every time you go, and that the barman is directly responsible for that loss of business.

Here, here Vines...that is exactly what I would have done. If I could have avoided it...I wouldn't have paid for the dinner and walked out left the bartender holding the bag sort of speak...now who would have had the last laugh. I been there sweetie...that happened to me one time when I worked at a convience store. Guy wanted to know when my baby was due. His friend next to him, poked him on the arm and shook his head..the guy got real red faced and practically ran out of the store. Then another time a guy told me I had a neck like Mr T with his necklaces, except he was referring to the triple chins. Oh yes a woman loves to hear a compliment like that one. You keep your chin up and complain to the management...don't let this bozo get away with it.

Wow, I am so sorry this happened to you.....people can be so rude and ignorant at times. Don't let it bother you.....we love you and respect you...to hell with that jerk!!!

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I think that it's very important though that you or your husband call the resteraunt as was suggested and explain what happened. At the very least the manager should apologize on behalf of his idiot employee.

I agree that I would never frequent that place again.

OMG that is just awful...I'm so sorry that pig said that to you...some people are beyond stupid....what a jerk. I'd go back and tell him off...uhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! I wish I was with you, I would have turned and told the F**er exactly what he was... my gosh.

That schmuck will get his, what he so despises will wind up in his own home, he'll see.... growl !!!!

BIG HUGS FOR YOU !!!!!

i would've given him one of those chuck norris, round house kicks to the throat...then i would have poked him in the eye...