Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a fill this afternoon of 1cc,when I left the dotors office I was fine, I drank a whole cup af Water but about 1 hour later I had to throw up and havn't been able to have anything since. So I was wondering if anyone knows if I should hold of on getting some taken out because of the swelling and if so how long should I wait. I didn't lose anything my last fill of 1/2 cc so I wanna hold of but I'm a little worried.

I had a fill this afternoon of 1cc,when I left the dotors office I was fine, I drank a whole cup af Water but about 1 hour later I had to throw up and havn't been able to have anything since. So I was wondering if anyone knows if I should hold of on getting some taken out because of the swelling and if so how long should I wait. I didn't lose anything my last fill of 1/2 cc so I wanna hold of but I'm a little worried.

Few thoughts:

If all you had is Water, what did you throw up?? Throwing up just liquids is not a good sign. That's why they have you drink

water before you leave the office.

2nd, the Dr. would not have given you a fill if you did not need one based on your progress. So IMO stepping backward is always a tough decision.

I've had 4 fills. I like my band tight. Many people would say I am too tight because I am limited with what, and most importantly, how much I can eat.

But water is not a problem unless I drink too much too fast. Have to give everything a little time to pass through the band.

I have not had a fill on my last 3 visits because I am doing fine in the Green Zone.

But the Dr. told me that I am at the point where I would not get anything more than .5 cc one way or the other to "Fine Tune"

Maybe it was freak occurrence. If it was me, I would wait a day or 2, and stay on liquids that time and see, IF you are not afraid of living with a tight band.

Many people are.

What did you have? My surgeon wants me to be on Clear Liquids for 2 days and full liquids for 2 days following a fill. Maybe you drank too fast as the previous person said. Take it easy, and see what happens today. If you still have a problem, call for slight unfill. God luck, Karen

You should never throw up no matter what some people may say on here call your doctor today

Few thoughts:

If all you had is Water, what did you throw up?? Throwing up just liquids is not a good sign. That's why they have you drink

Water before you leave the office.

2nd, the Dr. would not have given you a fill if you did not need one based on your progress. So IMO stepping backward is always a tough decision.

I've had 4 fills. I like my band tight. Many people would say I am too tight because I am limited with what, and most importantly, how much I can eat.

But water is not a problem unless I drink too much too fast. Have to give everything a little time to pass through the band.

I have not had a fill on my last 3 visits because I am doing fine in the Green Zone.

But the Dr. told me that I am at the point where I would not get anything more than .5 cc one way or the other to "Fine Tune"

Maybe it was freak occurrence. If it was me, I would wait a day or 2, and stay on liquids that time and see, IF you are not afraid of living with a tight band.

Many people are.

My surgeons rule is to move slowly !

That means 3 days of fluids, 1 day of mushies, then try food.

If you have a problem after that ! Then he wants to see you.

This works if you are sensitive, and I know I am..

I threw up the Water that I had to drink in the doctors office about an hour later and can't keep down any liquids now, but I was thinking maybe my stomach is swollen so i don't know if i should call my doctor yet

Only Water, I threw up the water that I had to drink in the doctors office about an hour later and can't keep down any liquids now, but I was thinking maybe my stomach is swollen so i don't know if i should call my doctor yet

What did you have? My surgeon wants me to be on clear liquids for 2 days and full liquids for 2 days following a fill. Maybe you drank too fast as the previous person said. Take it easy, and see what happens today. If you still have a problem, call for slight unfill. God luck, Karen

You're likely swollen. Take small sips of Water today and try some other liquids like broth tomorrow. You could very well be swollen. You might also have a bit of a bug...so hang out here right now and if you can get sips of Water in you are good. Let the swelling go down.

If you start to have acid reflux or you find that you're vomitting stomach acid in your sleep...then get to your dr asap.

I think you can afford to give it a few days if you had that vomiting incident, as you are no doubt a bit swollen. You'll just have to work the liquids to mushies routine over a bit longer to make sure you get back to normal THEN see how tight you are. Sometimes that swelling just wont go away - the one and only time I've had to have an unfill in six years (apart from for a big surgery) was after a pb, when I went right back to eating because I "could". I just could barely eat a bite before becoming extremely full after that and I had to have a teeny unfill.

I've always been in the "just unfill" camp, but I know now personally the frustration of unfilling your band and then being unable to get it just right again, so I'd wait. But if you have ANY night reflux, any more vomiting or cant get down liquids, you need to act right away.

That being said, with my band well adjusted, I can eat bread but cant drink orange juice. There's several liquids I really struggle with actually.

Yes I really need to see my doc tomorrow a.m. because I still can not hold anythingg in at all, and feel if i wait im going to become dehydrated very soon. Im even vomiting my saliva. Iam miserable right now and according to the scale have lost 8 lbs. In two days.

Yes I really need to see my doc tomorrow a.m. because I still can not hold anythingg in at all, and feel if i wait im going to become dehydrated very soon. Im even vomiting my saliva. Iam miserable right now and according to the scale have lost 8 lbs. In two days.

Absolutely, and good luck! Karen

...definitely unfill time...although that 8lbs is probably very exciting :)

Hope you're better soon!