Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This board is a great motivator

I was just banded on 10/10/11. I just started the mushies stage of food and am enjoying finally being able to eat real food (well....sort of) again. I was getting really tired of shakes and broth. I was on a 2 week pre-op and 2 week post-op liquid diet. So glad that's over. However, my weight loss has been at a stand still since surgery. I was losing about 3 pounds a week, but since surgery, I've only lost 4 pounds and it's been 3 weeks. My surgeon told me this would probably happen until my first fill (which is 11/21!!!). Sometimes, when I feel depressed about it, I come on here and see so many people who have lost 100+ pounds, it makes me feel so much better. I can't wait for my ticker to show "100 pounds lost". I have fought this weight forever and am happy to see it go. I just hate the "healing period".

I'm ready to get started using this tool to help my change how I eat. So far, I don't feel any different in terms of eating. I've been trying to stick to 5 small meals a day like my dietician said, but I know I could eat more. It's so much of a mind game at this point. I'm trying to eat like I have had my fills, but since I have no restriction, it's very difficult. My calories have been between 1100 and 1300 a day and Protein is around 80-90g a day. I just started my exercise routine back up so maybe that will help jump start some more weight loss.

First of all congratulations on being banded and on all the weight you've lost so far.. I was very happy to enter my mushy stage as I couldn't stand just drinking and slurping cold sweet drinks and jellos anymore. It was quite exciting to even eat mashed potatoes or egg salad once I was able to.. How sad lol.. But anyway...

Don't be bummed about not losing. You know it's time to heal, not lose, losing will come. People say this over and over again on here, you know you didn't gain the weight overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. Us that have had fills and have lost some good amounts of weight still have periods of time where we don't lose or we may even gain a few, you cannot let these little things get you down. It happens, it's just part of having a realistic goal and keeping the large amounts of weight off permanently. Keep your eye on the big picture. We've pressured ourselves, deprived ourselves and beat ourselves up lots of times on other "diets". This is your new life, take time to get to know your band and get used to it, in time it'll start working the way you want it to. And remember, some of us lose quickly, some slow, but as long as we are losing we are all successful at this. Good luck to you and be patient.

Good for you. Yes, the healing process feels bad because weight loss might stop. You will do fine, you are motivated, too! Good luck, Karen