Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I seem to be stalled on my weight loss and was wondering if a very low carb diet would break the stall. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What kind of a food/diet plan are you on?

I have just been counting calories. 1000 to 1200 a day.

Yes- I believe strongly that a very lowcarb diet will work. It's all about keeping your blood sugar stable. When you eat carbs, basically insulin turns the sugar into fat. I also want to put in a plug for excersise. The benefits are numerous, just one being weight loss. If your already working out, changing it up may help you get past this stall. Good luck!

How many carbs do you stay below? Right now I am 11 days out, just started mushies. So I am keeping track of Protein so that I hit 60 a day and cals, though I have been under 1000 just because I'm not eating much. I see the nutritionist next week. I don't know what she will recommend or how she sets you up.

I didn't realize you were still on mushies. I didn't worry about carbs or calories until I got to solid food. When I was on mushies I ate thigs like cottage cheese and apple sauce and mashed potatoes. Things not low in carbs at all. When I got to solids I ate very little carb- probably only around 30 a day. I would have eggs for Breakfast, or a protien shake. Lean meat (chicken, fish, porkloin, turkey) and a non starchy veggie for lunch and dinner. For a snack I'd have a 1/4c nuts and 2 cheese sticks. Some days I would have an additonal 1/4c nuts. Be carefull with nuts- they are healthy but very dense in calories and have significant fat. I do find them very satisfying. Hope this helps.

I've also been stalled out with no weight loss for nearly 2 months. 3 days ago I really upped my Protein and have eaten almost no carbs at all. If I had any carbs, it was on accident. Anywho, I've lost 3lbs now. I also work out every day for an hour.