Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Pay Consultation?

I have finally come to the decision after three years that I want to get the lap band surgery. I will be paying out of pocket. I made an appointment in Hagerstown MD at the weight loss clinic, my appt is Oct 31st. Because I am self pay this appt is a "self pay consultation" I'm wondering if this appt will just be for financing purposes or if we will also discuss the pre surgical requirements. The surgeon that I'm hoping for is Dr. Luciano DiMarco. Has anyone else had him and been paying out of pocket? What are the pre-surgical requirements? Thanks everyone for your input! I'm hoping this process goes quick and smooth, I'm so ready for a change!

I have finally come to the decision after three years that I want to get the lap band surgery. I will be paying out of pocket. I made an appointment in Hagerstown MD at the weight loss clinic, my appt is Oct 31st. Because I am self pay this appt is a "self pay consultation" I'm wondering if this appt will just be for financing purposes or if we will also discuss the pre surgical requirements. The surgeon that I'm hoping for is Dr. Luciano DiMarco. Has anyone else had him and been paying out of pocket? What are the pre-surgical requirements? Thanks everyone for your input! I'm hoping this process goes quick and smooth, I'm so ready for a change!

I was self pay my process was very fast

I was self pay very fast too, 1½ days from consult appt. to surgery. When I went to consult I took copies of my medical records and they were up to date, along with copies of my last blood work up.

We talked about my diet history and medical history. He suggested I might would be happier with the Bypass but being self pay I could not afford it, So we talked about the LapBand. I had just been to the seminar a few hours before. He did ask me when was the last time I had a pap? Which I was up to date on. He asked when I wanted to do it and I said Monday morning he said great. 1½ days later I had surgery that Monday morning. I paid $100 for the consult and $12,999 for everything including office visits and fills for the first year and I paid him before I left his office that day. I have had no trouble during surgery after surgery or for the last 2+ years. I have lost 84 lb and trying to lose at least another 15 or 20 lbs,

Self pay is super fast. But if you have any concerns you should talk about them, Maybe you want some tests done, then I would say so. Hope that helps.

Cheri