Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all cooks

Okay I have these Tilapia fillets in my fridge. Is there any way to microwave them? I have been baking them and they are good but I am already sick of the dish cleaning. Was hoping there was an alternative way of cooking them with the microwave....... Less mess and worry, I hope.

Yes I am a bachelor! :D

We fry them in a nonstick pan with a little "healthy margarine". I like them better than

baking and the pan is really easy to clean.

Try laying a piece of foil in the pan. No washing needed!!

I use foil sheets for all my baking to help with clean up. After a lifetime of dishwashing for a family, now that it is just me, I really don't want to spend any time cleaning up after cooking. Try it.

Agree with the foil. Makes clean up soooo much easier.

Thanks for the foil tip! I'll use it tonight. I tried some fillets in the microwave and while it tasted fine the texture wasn't so good. Lots of popping too.....

I have purchased talipia, cod and flounder filets and I don't know what to do with them. I've never been a real 'fish' eater. I've always loved shelled seafood and indulge in that but I'm trying to stay away from red meat and want to try to incorporate more fish into my diet. Anything you'd like to share with me on how to cook fish please share :rolleyes: .

I don't know how long to bake them or fry them as mentioned above so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I use flavor wave with green onions and butter

I coat the tilapia fillets in honey mustard dressing and then roll in bread crumbs. Bake at 400 for about 15 min. Yum!

:lol: If you really want to cook them in the microwave, Ziploc has a steam bag that you can cook them in. Put them in the bag with whatever seasonings you want, pop them in the microwave and follow the directions on the bag for cooking. Nothing easier than throwing away the bag once it's cooked.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

:lol: If you really want to cook them in the microwave, Ziploc has a steam bag that you can cook them in. Put them in the bag with whatever seasonings you want, pop them in the microwave and follow the directions on the bag for cooking. Nothing easier than throwing away the bag once it's cooked.

I have purchased talipia, cod and flounder filets and I don't know what to do with them. I've never been a real 'fish' eater. I've always loved shelled seafood and indulge in that but I'm trying to stay away from red meat and want to try to incorporate more fish into my diet. Anything you'd like to share with me on how to cook fish please share :rolleyes: .

I don't know how long to bake them or fry them as mentioned above so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was never a fish eater either and I am just learning. I have been using lemon pepper and lemon juice on my tilapia and cook them in my little toaster oven on 350 for about 6 or 8 minutes. It depends on the thickness of the filet so test it with a fork and if it flakes it is done, if not, cook a little longer. I squeeze on some more lemon juice and found Kraft Fat Free Tartar Sauce which is low in Calories, Carbs and Fats and use that as my condiment. I am learning to enjoy the fish more all the time. I also have a little George Foreman Grill that I use for pork loin chops, filet mignon and such. I am going to try some salmon on it tonight or maybe tomorrow. Clean up is easy if I put a wet paper towel in it and close it after I am finished cooking.

I also have a little George Foreman Grill that I use for pork loin chops, filet mignon and such. I am going to try some salmon on it tonight or maybe tomorrow. Clean up is easy if I put a wet paper towel in it and close it after I am finished cooking.

Love that little tip on clean up of your Foreman grill. I'm definately going to give that a try!!:)

It really does work. Everything just wipes right off even if you fall asleep and forget to clean it that night. :embarrassment: