Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. David Bruce - Hello?? Anyone out there??

Are you a Doctor Bruce patient as I am??? I would love to talk with you!

I think it would be super cool to meet others in my area to have a support group and share stories and other goodies!

Hi Shelley

I am from the Dayton area. Dr. Bruce is my doctor too. I am having my lap band done on December 16th. I am getting very excited and nervous. Are you happy with your surgery so far? Do you have any advice??

Thanks,

Diana

I am very happy so far. I have not had to have a fill as of yet. I was thinking that I would have to get one in December, but I am loosing again, so I am not too sure it I will still have to do that.

The only thing that I am not thrilled about is that all I can find for a supprt group or anything is online here and it is not that great for me.

I think that there is a support group in Dayton, but it is too much in gas to be driving back and forth to Dayton from South Charleston for a meeting. I was hoping that there would be something closer to me like Weight Watchers has... but I have not found a darn thing.

I was also hoping that I would find someone to workout with.. I can work out with my Mom, but even thought she she is wanting to help, really she just makes me feel less than good enough by the way she talks to me about stuff. She is always wanting me to go exercise with the elderly with her and go to her Zumba classes and I am not into that at all. I need more than "balancing" exercises and the Zumba is too much for my knees and ankles at this time. I am starting to do line dancing in London, OH on Tuesdays nights. It was fun the 1st time I went. I wold love to do that all the time, but nothing around like that I am afraid. :)

I am sorry if I seem like a "Debby Downer" right now. I do not mean to be.. I just really am down right now about things. BUT as for the surgery and all I am SUPER HAPPY!! :)

Dr, Bruce is a great. I have not had any issues with him yet. :)

Where are you located?

Thanks for the letter. Hope to hear back from ya. I am always one Facebook if you have that. I can be reached by that allot faster. :)

OR my personal email rgsdstewart@woh.rr.com

FB is: http://www.facebook.com/stewshunbun

Take care and God Bless!

Shelley

I am in the Dayton area. I find that this website is a great support source......so far. I think there is alot of info on here.

I plan on going to the ladies premier fitness in Huber heights to do my workouts. I had already joined there last year in a attempt to lose some weight and it helped but, not enough. So..I am hoping that I will have a better outcome.

When did you get your band? Did you stay the night when at the hospital when you had it done? I am getting pretty excited and nervous.

I would love to stay in contact. I actually don't get on Facebook that often anymore.So, you can feel free to either find me on here or email me at my personal email dianadaisy72@yahoo.com

I would love to hear more about your experience with the band.

Talk to you soon,

Diana

I will have my surgery on Apr.23

I will have my surgery on Apr.23

Changed to April 25