Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Today! Scared!!!

Well, I called my doc's office and requested my first fill today(banded 12-05), and its on! I am like a ravenous cow wandering thru my home looking for grub! Pounds are up too...but....I'm very nervous after watching my hubby's first fill experience with his doc--(different docs)--he took 3 attempts, jabbed around and caused my big Harley ridin', never complainin' hubby to come off the table in much pain each time...baaaaaad experience...so,,,I want my fill, but am quite anxious(my doc is brand new at thist too)...well,,,I'm going thru with it cause its my only hope with this band,....sooo here goes!:faint:

Make sure they give you something to numb it. They say there is a small stick and a burn, but that the rest is bearable. Good luck and let us know how it went...

I had my first fill today as well. They tried last week and stuck me twice...couldn't get it so I had to come back.

Today the "other" doctor got it on the first try. He asked me if I wanted it numbed and I said no, don't need 2 needles now lol. The needle didn't hurt but the pressure felt funny.

How did it go for you today Charlee ?

:omg: DANG! My fill doc deadens the port area. He turns on the flouro finds the spot and hits it with one attempt. No pain at all! My belly feels sort of funny for a little while as it stays numb a little while like your mouth after dental work. But believe me, the fill is no where close to dental work. I would ask for him to deaden it. It only takes a little novacaine. Flouro is a great idea also. I had really rather pay the extra than chance my tubing being punctured. Talk to the fill doc about it.

Corliss

My last fill experience was hell. It took over 20 jabs, sticks to finally find my port. I was on the table saying never mind. But he was determine to find it. My next one if I get one will be under fluro ONLY. I still love my band.

Well, I went for my fill...after several tries(no numbing--but my experience with that is that it usually hurts worse than the main pain)....no luck---just got back from the hospital where I had it done under fluoro...still took several jabs, as the port kept flipping around with the needle pressure...my doc is so soothing and has a great bedside manner, so, although frustrated and a bit scared, we got thru it...he gave me 2 cc...I had no prob with Water, and he said go straight to a solid diet...I am a bit scared though...so I am here at the puter with my first food---chicken soup...gonna test the restriction, as I have never felt like I even have anything in me---so I dunno what restiction even feels like......thanks for all the thoughts....this board is a lifesaver.....

Glad you finally got it done! My doctor has me do liquids the remainder of the day, then he wants me back on solids the next day. Just take it slow at first till you see how you react. Good luck!

As you know, I got my first 2 cc yesterday....I haven't felt a thing! Is that normal? I guess I was hoping for some great lap band fairy to come down and give me this awesome restriction, but nothing at all....oh well,,,I have read alot of posts here and it seems the first fill isn't always a life-changer....maybe it'll kick in in a few days.....((fingers crossed))

Charlee, especially withthe smaller band, you have to have several very small fills to hit that "sweet spot". Just the right restriction without cutting everything off, you know? Just think of the Lapband Fairy as being this really old, really slow woman.....LOL