Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soo Excited! Almost there!

I had my next-to-last nutrition appointment with the nutritionist at my surgeon's office. Super excited that after my next visit on Nov 15th we are picking a date and putting in for approval from my insurance (Humana). He said that they take about 7 - 10 days for approval, and that I can have surgery in the beginning of December. Yay! :D We talked a small bit about the pre-op and post-op diet, and will go over all those details on my next visit. Apparently they are NOT that extreme with their diets, which will help me immensely. It appears it's just low-carb, low-cal diet for the week or two pre-op, and a week of liquid after surgery then to mushies. I think that's what he said anway, I just remember being relieved when he told me about it :lol: It occured to me yesterday that by the time summer rolls around, I could actually be at a non-embarassing weight! I don't expect it to just all fall off overnight, but realistically I could have lost quite a bit of weight by June. Oh my goodness... that just really helped the excitement set in! When I initially found out I had to do 6 months of nutrition counseling, I thought it would take forever. But honestly, it has FLOWN by. I can't believe I'm almost there!!

I had my next-to-last nutrition appointment with the nutritionist at my surgeon's office. Super excited that after my next visit on Nov 15th we are picking a date and putting in for approval from my insurance (Humana). He said that they take about 7 - 10 days for approval, and that I can have surgery in the beginning of December. Yay! :D We talked a small bit about the pre-op and post-op diet, and will go over all those details on my next visit. Apparently they are NOT that extreme with their diets, which will help me immensely. It appears it's just low-carb, low-cal diet for the week or two pre-op, and a week of liquid after surgery then to mushies. I think that's what he said anway, I just remember being relieved when he told me about it :lol: It occured to me yesterday that by the time summer rolls around, I could actually be at a non-embarassing weight! I don't expect it to just all fall off overnight, but realistically I could have lost quite a bit of weight by June. Oh my goodness... that just really helped the excitement set in! When I initially found out I had to do 6 months of nutrition counseling, I thought it would take forever. But honestly, it has FLOWN by. I can't believe I'm almost there!!

Very exciting!! Best of luck to you as you continue your journey!:)

I am right there with you. I have fullfilled all my insurances obligations and have an appt with the surgeon on Oct. 21st. At that point, they will submit to the insurance. I pray that everything is good and I get a quick thumbs up. I do feel anxious about that now. Like you, it seems now like the time has flown. ha ha, 5 months ago I thought it would take forever. I am not sure what his schedule is like, so I figure worst case would be early December. I am so very ready for this. I have been buying things and preparing like crazy. I live on lapbandtalk and also all the blogs out their of the folks that have already been thru it all. They are so encouraging. Good luck to you!!!!

Same here, we are waiting for insurance approval.

Our nurse navigator said, the approval could be as soon as a week or up to 30 days.

Working hard on a low carb diet now to prepare for the pre-op diet.

Here is to all of us, and a healthy future.