Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

some help and advice for the out of shape

I agree. Just walk. Everyday. For as long as you have time. Your profile does not have a location, but I've lived in plenty of bad neighborhoods, and I stick out like a sore thumb.

Take a bus out of it. Walk during the day when it's light out. Walk on your lunch hour. Walk when you get up in the morning and all the bad guys are asleep. Challenge yourself to walk somewhere when you usually drive or take the bus.

Walk. Walk Walk.

i live in sunny cleveland ohio but i have been walking in my bedroom in circles for 5 days and i must say i feel better im standing up straighter and people say my legs look smaller something must be happening also my back feels good.

thanks guys

Well I took the 60 mile challenge this month, I have missed 4-5 days, and I am at almost 54 miles walked. I only count the walking when I am walking for the exercise. I try to do over 2 miles a day and try to do 1 mile in 20 minutes

I bought a walking disk by Leslie Sansone. it is called "Walk & Firm" she has a whole lot of different ones, give it a try. it is a good work out , but you can do it at home so you are in

control! I bought mine online.

I bought a walking disk by Leslie Sansone. it is called "Walk & Firm" she has a whole lot of different ones, give it a try. it is a good work out , but you can do it at home so you are in

Leslie Sansone is a good work out for walking exercise at home. Dont dismiss sitting exercises, you can do dumbells and restance training while watching tv, why not sit and burn some calories :).

Thanks for the help i have been doing leslie sansone 3 mile and 4 mile walk they are really good i have been walking everyday since i made this post and i have noticed a big improvement in my self!!!!

do you know of any other good walking videos? or were i can download them

brandon 17

Hi brandon,

for me i just walk and walk. I wrote a great piece on my blog recently about this. If you can only walk 5 min then do that couple times a day. Build up tp 30 min a day most days or even everyday. This is the best form of exercise to begin with and is low impact. For my year of banding, that is all I've done. I can't believe how strong my heart is and the endurance I have now. Just, please start and stick with it. Good Luck

Geri

www.weightlosssurgeryguru.com

Hi everyone I have a few questions for you can anyone in this forum give me advice for an extremely obese man who is very out of shape trying to do exercise im looking all over the web to find a website that can help me or give me some tips on beginner exercises for the out of shape i can move a little bit so i prefer not to do sitting exercise so far i have been lowering my food intake for the last 3 days and have been trying to exercise with a stability ball im moving real slow and i know it takes time so i was wondering what exercises can i do with a stability ball or any exercise so i can shed fat.i want to try to do it the regular way before i consider surgery.or could you refer me to a website

thanks guys

Brandon

Hi brandon,

for me i just walk and walk. I wrote a great piece on my blog recently about this. If you can only walk 5 min then do that couple times a day. Build up tp 30 min a day most days or even everyday. This is the best form of exercise to begin with and is low impact. For my year of banding, that is all I've done. I can't believe how strong my heart is and the endurance I have now. Just, please start and stick with it. Good Luck

Geri

www.weightlosssurgeryguru.com

gdivita thanks for the reply I have a question how much weight have you lost with just walking alone cause i have been walking everyday for 20 something days know while i feel i have more endurance i feel i need to do more to lose weight but im still a big guy and some exercise are out of the question so does just a walking regiment help you loose weight my goal is to loose a 100 pounds i know that it is a journey but i just feel it isnt enough

brandon

Everyone is different, it depends on how much weight you need to lose, how much muscle you have, how active you are, how you eat. I'm sure all the things you already no. So, my story...I had 50+ lbs to lose. I am 5' 5" and weighed 214 lbs. I lost 12 lbs before surgery just by eating the Atkins diet. Following surgery, it's been consistent and slow. This morning I weighed 173.5 so 3.5 lbs away from the 66% weight loss lapband considers successful weight loss in first year. my year was on Nov 3 so I am pleased. I personally want to lose more than 50 and will reset when I hit this goal. For me, I want to be 25% or less BMI.

Fitness standpoint, walking is the best way to lose body fat. You don't have to have expensive equipment and you don't have to workout at a high impact rate. My plan... I purchased a treadmill a year ago; Texas has unpredictble weather so I have no excuse. I wrote a blog entry on this call 'let's get moving' www.weightlosssurgeryguru.com.

I now am trying to build muscle as I think this will help with the last lbs I want to lose. I have a basic target muscle book and an old diet plan that is helping me structure a work out using bands for my body shape. There are quite a few websites out there too. Livestrong is one that I like to use.

Please stay in touch, I love to chat if you need to.

Geri

gdivita thanks for the reply I have a question how much weight have you lost with just walking alone cause i have been walking everyday for 20 something days know while i feel i have more endurance i feel i need to do more to lose weight but im still a big guy and some exercise are out of the question so does just a walking regiment help you loose weight my goal is to loose a 100 pounds i know that it is a journey but i just feel it isnt enough

brandon

I agree, I have been doing only walking. Mostly I walk outside, I get bored on a tread mill. But, even when I tread mill, I mostly just walk. However, this morning when I went for a walk, by myself, I jogged for about 5 minutes in 3 times. I walked about 1 hr 15 mins, not sure how far. I feel real good, and my legs do feel like jelly! I hope that I can get up to jog at least 15 mins at a time. But, just walking and lapband, I lost 100 lbs. Good luck on your journey to a new life, everyone! Karen