Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

okay.... my doctor referred me for a sleep study because he said insurance would want him to. i have as you can see in my signature more than enough health issues for qualification but my doctor says it is a formality for insurance! what really burns me up is i have to take out my hair extensions which cost $$$ for something that's not necessary. they scheduled me to come in on the 21st...the same day i go for all my other appointments which is not bad but i have to be there trying to sleep in a strange place until 6:30 am... phew.. i feel a little better that's out can't talk to anyone else about this but my lapband family :)

The sleep study was the worst part for me, I swear I'd go through surgery 5 more times before I'd ever want to have a sleep study again! I did it a year ago and I can still complain about it as if it happened yesterday lol, so I feel you. I was pissed because I couldn't use my hair products, so I can only imagine how upset you are about your hair, with it being so expensive. And are you sure you have to take them out, I'm really not sure how extentions work? All the tech really needs is to be able to stick leads to your scalp, would this really merit removing of them?

Anyway what stinks is that there really is no getting around a sleep study. Insurance companies require it and they don't just do the study to find another co-morbidity (other health issues), large people are prone to sleep apnea. So if you have sleep apnea and go under anesthesia it can be dangerous if the doctors don't know this. Your surgeon and anesthesiologist must have this information so that he can properly monitor and sedate you. If you stop breathing, or have trouble rising from anesthesia you want your doctors to know so that they will be ready to treat you for it if needed. Sleep apnea patients can be very high risk, so you are better off knowing for sure if you have it. Good luck and feel free to vent your heart out!

I was told that I might have to do this, but ended up insurance didn't need it for me. All that to say, they were going to give a "take home" sleep study? It may be a little late, but it couldn't hurt to ask!

Victoria...thanx girl but they felt down in my hair and said i would have to remove them. but since you mentioned anesthesia that is a good point! didn't think about that. again thanx for your support

My insurance didnt require it but my doctor who was working with me on my 6mo diet suggested it. But What i was able to do is a 1 night sleep apnea test it was free to me I picked up this little monitor at a medical supply company. you wear a nasal canula(? on spelling) and a oxygen monitor on your finger it measures for any apneas during the night the next day I just droped the monitor back off at the company they printed off my results and faxed a copy to my dr. turns out i didnt have any apnea episodes the entire night.

okay.... my doctor referred me for a sleep study because he said insurance would want him to. i have as you can see in my signature more than enough health issues for qualification but my doctor says it is a formality for insurance! what really burns me up is i have to take out my hair extensions which cost $$$ for something that's not necessary. they scheduled me to come in on the 21st...the same day i go for all my other appointments which is not bad but i have to be there trying to sleep in a strange place until 6:30 am... phew.. i feel a little better that's out can't talk to anyone else about this but my lapband family :)

Oh girl I had to have a sleep study and I have just got a sew in/lacing with some remy hair!!!!!! I didn't have to it down but I was soooo pissed they put that guck in my hair! So I feel you:-)

journey seeker i so understand!!!!

journey seeker i asked about doing the study the way you did and was told it was a great idea eventhough i couldn't do it.

..so sleep study it is!

Jennifer how exactly did they put the probes on without you taking out your hair? in between the braids under the sew in cause i really dont wanna take mine down

Jennifer how exactly did they put the probes on without you taking out your hair? in between the braids under the sew in cause i really dont wanna take mine down

I have had 4 sleep studies since 2004 and 3 of them were in the past 4 years ... didn't have to take my take mine out. Have you spoken directly to the techs at the sleep study facility? I'm sure they have run into this issue before and there must be a solution that will work in your favor.

Good luck to you.

~fran

Mine was 2 years ago so I don't remember exactly what they did..but I know I didn't have to take my hair down..they worked around it some how...just so you know don't actually expect to get any sleep!

thanx for the encouraging words Fran & Jennifer. i will speak with the techs and see cause honey they dont understand the phrase dont mess with the hair ( lmao)

thanx for the encouraging words Fran & Jennifer. i will speak with the techs and see cause honey they dont understand the phrase dont mess with the hair ( lmao)

... they really don't know! LMAO!:lol:

Good luck!