Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here are good pic re-size instructions...

Here is my re-sized pic of Hanna

and here is my brand new Dooney and Bourke:dance:

Thanks Donali for the instructions, I hope you don't mind me copy/pasting your words!

:cheer2:"We did it, we did it, we did it, hooray! Lo Hicimos! We did it!"

If you're using windows XP, here is what I do (this probably will work with any Windows program):

Open up the .jpg file by double-clicking on it. My .jpg opens with the default program "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer".

In the bottom righthand corner, there is a picture with a little pen - if you mouse over that, it should say "Closes this program and opens the image for editing (Ctrl+E)"

Click on that little picture, or hold down the control button and then type the letter E.

The image should now display in a window that has "Paint" as a part of the title.

On the file menu, under "Image" click on "Attributes". Now you should see how high and how wide your picture is. You can choose your prefered measurement - I would use inches. If you change the size here, you risk deforming your picture, because this program does not automatically reduce the width to match the reduction in height. But now that you know how big the picture is, you know about how much you want to reduce it.

For example, lets say the width is 10 inches, but you want to make it only 5 inches, and you want to keep the height proportionate with that change.

Cancel out of the attributes window.

On the file menu, under "Image" click on "Stretch/Skew"

Under "Stretch" you see two boxes with 100% in them. Since you want your picture half the size it is now, put 50% in each box (height and width) and click "Okay".

I would now save the picture under a different name, so that you don't permanently change the size of your original. I usually add the letters "sm" for "small" to the original title, so I know it's the same pic, only smaller.

post-206012-1381313283667_thumb.jpg

post-206012-13813132836868_thumb.jpg

Uhhh, I still don't get it...Okay okay, I'll go try.

But! Now I know what the heck they are singing everytime I watch Dora the Explorer with the kiddos...

"We did it, we did it, we did it, hooray! Lo Hicimos! We did it!"

Lo Hicimos...I never knew that's what they were singing! Wow! Thanks, and I'll never sing the Dora song wrong again. I just added another "ohhh, we did it" since it didn't even occur to me it might be SOMEthing in Spanish?...helloooooooo!!!!

Oh, and the purse is lover-ly...but the girl?!!!!!!!!!! Goodness gracious...she blows me away, how beautiful!!!! Hey Hanna!!!!

hey kathy,

lemme break it down for you sister!

close the internet window down. this resizing has nothing to do with lbt being up on your screen.

go to where the photo file is saved on your computer. double click, and it should open in a window. somewhere on that window there will be a little icon that has a pen on it. it may be camoflaged (sp?), when you drag the pointer over it, it should say "edit" when you find it, click it. you should get some editing options, and one should say "resize" click it. one of the options should allow you to do a resize that looks like "web small 480x800" (these numbers might be off a little or a lot, i do not remember what they were). experiment with the different sizes to find the size you like. you might have to click a button to apply the change...i have to click a button that says "ok"--my pics open with microsoft photo manager. when you finish, go to file, click save as, i made a new folder and called it "resized pics" and then give the photo a new name(i just added an "r" to each photo name), and save it to the new folder.

now when you upload, browse and find the photo in the new resized pics folder.

hope this helps!!

Whoo hooo!! Congrats, Roni! Absolutely perfect!

Tricia - yes, Adobe Photoshop is easier, but most people don't have that. I believe anyone using Windows has the programs that I walked Roni through default loaded.

I would hazard a guess that most people who forked out the bucks for Photoshop don't need instructions on how to resize a pic... :D

Tricia - yes, Adobe Photoshop is easier, but most people don't have that. I believe anyone using Windows has the programs that I walked Roni through default loaded.

I would hazard a guess that most people who forked out the bucks for Photoshop don't need instructions on how to resize a pic... :D

LOL...I know. I was just being facetious. :D

:croc:

that's what i think about yer a-doo-be photo mambo jambo...

i had to take to free install that came with the computer in 1993...

:croc:

that's what i think about yer a-doo-be photo mambo jambo...

i had to take to free install that came with the computer in 1993...

:clap:

:couch2: