Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excessive Belching... with pain

Hello all.

This is my first post. I was banded 8/15. Even though i haven't had my first fill i have lost about 40 lbs to date. With cardio exercise (treadmill 30 mns 5 -6 times a week) and the fear of PB, sliming, and vomiting I have managed to learn Portion Control. I eat about a cup of food, never only Protein, always including vegetables at every meal. I dont know if i can eat more for fear of pain and discomfort so i dont. But i do eat only when i get hungry, So everything has been coming along nicely.... except for the burping...

I burp at all hours of the day, whether i eat or not, whether i drink or not, i just always burp. Sometimes i'm burping so excessively that i get slight discomfort at the back of my throat as if i had something stuck there, or like swelling. Sometimes i feel so uncomfy that if i'm sitting and i bend over and open my mouth a loud unforced burp will come up that usually brings some relief but few moments later i'm still swallowing spit and burping.

AM I DEFECTIVE?!?!

I also get the hiccups like others but i used to get those preband. They used to and still do come out of nowhere sometimes...

If I could get rid of this belching i'd be a happy camper...

Also really quick.. if i'm doing so good at my weight loss do I HAVE to get filled or will i eventually plateau and NEED a fill to get back on track?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my long winded rant Ü

Burping and occupying with the band can be signs of overeating or eating too quickly. It doesn't sound like yiu are eating too much so try eating very slowly with tiny bites.

goodluck

I eat really slowly. I actually have a timer on my phone and i take a small bite and chew for like a minute and wait 2 to 4 mns n between bites depending on what i'm eating ... i.e. soft foods, or solid foods. i chew very thoroughly and still get the burping. Even after drinking :( (but not during meals) The doctor says burping is normal but i dont feel its normal. I never burped like this preop. I'm hoping i'm not alone in this....

Burping and occupying with the band can be signs of overeating or eating too quickly. It doesn't sound like yiu are eating too much so try eating very slowly with tiny bites.

goodluck

Oh I hear you......I have never burped so much in my life as I have since being banded.

I was originally banded on 15/8/11, but it slipped after a stomach/gastro bug on day 4, and lots of vomitting.

So, my 2nd op was on 20/9/11, and yep...... I am still burping!!!!!

I also eat slow, and chew everything very well......so I am thinking it is just a 'thing'.

Cheers,