Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I've read about it over & over but until you experience you cannot believe it!! Th pain from GAS!!!. I banded Tuesday and I was discharged late Wednesday evening. I had do the barium swallow test in the morning and they kept me until I had the liquid lunch & dinner to see if things would stay down. I had to ask for another form of pain medicine because the first type they gave me was too strong, I hated the side effects. They sent me home after my meals & a couple of doses of Liquid Vicodin..

But the real issue is the bloating & my inablility to pass the GAS fast enough. I mean it hurts all up in my chest my shoulders etc. I have never wanted to expel gas as badly as I do now.. I've took some Gas-X around 1 a.m and walked around the inside of my condo, trying to MOVE this stuff out.. I got on the scale and I weigh more than when I went in!! It has to be the bloatedness and the gas. Gee I' want to just fire farts out in a machine gun like way to ease some of this discomfort.:angry:. I know this post op stuff is the toughest from what I've read, so I will just fight through it. I have no regrets, but I will definitely be glad when this stage is over. I see the doctor for a follow up on Oct 11 and hope he releases me to go by to work no later than Monday OCT 17TH.. That's almost 2 weeks off work, I can't do anymore than that.

Well I got to keep moving, (walking around) just wanted to update all the October Bandsters and any others that are getting ready to be banded!!! I know everyone is differentso if you don't experience the GAS issue, Kudos to you LOL..

I was banded Tuesday and thankfully haven't had any gas issues. I was more worried about the gas than the pain from the incisions....I feel for you. Keep on walking!! Have you tried getting on your knees with your torso on the floor and doing deep breaths?? This is the pose my Dr. told me to do if I had gas pains. A banded girlfriend said the pose really helped with her pains. Best of luck to you. I hope the gas goes away very soon.

I will definitely try that position. Thanks for sharing that information

I've been told gas x strips are a must to have after surgery. Mine is Oct 18th.

I had them on my shopping list before i went to the hospital. However at my Wal-Mart they only had the chewable kind & I bought those. But they sure didn't help, eventually it passed. The heating pad helped tremendously I was so relieved when it started coming out Lol. Good luck with your surgery. Now the challenge is continuing with the liquid diet until my followup appt with my surgeon on Tues the 11th.

you will make it, it's just a couple of days away. now that the gas has subsided your concentration level will be better. hard to concentrate when you feel so horrible. hang in there!

I was banded Tuesday and thankfully haven't had any gas issues. I was more worried about the gas than the pain from the incisions....I feel for you. Keep on walking!! Have you tried getting on your knees with your torso on the floor and doing deep breaths?? This is the pose my Dr. told me to do if I had gas pains. A banded girlfriend said the pose really helped with her pains. Best of luck to you. I hope the gas goes away very soon.

Gas x did nothing for me either. And my gas was terrible. I mean TERRIBLE... Sounds like yours was too. Mine lasted for 7 days. I slept sitting straight up in my wing back chair with multiple pillows behind me. I couldn't web lean back on the couch. It was seriously the worst. The heating pad, hot showers and my husband rubbing my shoulders were the only thing that helped. Walking helped a little. I would get up in the middle of the night and walk up and down my street in my night gown with no bra on. Haha my poor husband thought I was going to die. He didn't know what to do with me! :-)

Glad you're feeling better. It took me two weeks to feel normal. One week for no pain and the next week I was just so week. I also took two weeks off work.

My dr told me "most people who have surgery on Thursday return to work on Monday." ha! Not me. I'm jealous of those who has an easier recovery.