Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Esophageal Manometry test

Anyone here have to do this before surgeon would approve lapband? I am off to set an appointment to get this done now sigh :(

Anyone here have to do this before surgeon would approve lapband? I am off to set an appointment to get this done now sigh :(

I had that done; it's not a pleasant test. I'd rather go to the dentist and gyn at the same time then to have that test done again.

Grider, I had to havae this test before I could go any further in my workup for the lap band. I have had it done twice in my lifetime. This time it was not nearly as hard as the one before.

Keep us posted.

Melinda

;)I do not mind doing the test even if its yuck, questions is, can I still get my band. Recently I have had a few issues, but I have been stuck with a tube down in my throat for a colonoscopy, then an endoscopy within 2 months, then i did have a horrible bug with bad sore throat and they gave me antibiotics that gave me yeast,,,or candida,, other than that I can normally eat a burger in three bites,,, I dont get this swalow test. but it is what it is, I hope it is just a delay..

Do they do it a radiology place or a hospital? I hope ins. pays for this one.. I'll take all the info you want to share, I am going to the GI Drs in the morning without an appointment to see if they will write me a referral, as the surgeon asked for but wont request it. If not my next appt is Oct 12th. sigh ;)

;)I do not mind doing the test even if its yuck, questions is, can I still get my band. Recently I have had a few issues, but I have been stuck with a tube down in my throat for a colonoscopy, then an endoscopy within 2 months, then i did have a horrible bug with bad sore throat and they gave me antibiotics that gave me yeast,,,or candida,, other than that I can normally eat a burger in three bites,,, I dont get this swalow test. but it is what it is, I hope it is just a delay..

Do they do it a radiology place or a hospital? I hope ins. pays for this one.. I'll take all the info you want to share, I am going to the GI Drs in the morning without an appointment to see if they will write me a referral, as the surgeon asked for but wont request it. If not my next appt is Oct 12th. sigh ;)

Do you have to have referrals for FEP BCBC basic?

The manometry test is usually done in the outpatient surgery part of the hospital. Basically what they do is stick a tube down your nose ..ose area is deadened.....) and they monitor your swallowing patterns with sound wave technology,gave me some kind of Water and recorded my swallowing several times. It lasted about an hour and I was sent home. No need for a driver or anything.....I had mine in June and can hardly remember it. I am sure you will do fine. GERD is often a result of hiatal hernias. You might have to go on Nexium for awhile. Keep your chin up! I would really, really be surprised if you can't have your surgery at all. It may have to be delayed a bit. Sorry for the lowsy typing. I am typing in the dark....Take care,

Melinda

Do you have to have referrals for FEP BCBC basic?

The manometry test is usually done in the outpatient surgery part of the hospital. Basically what they do is stick a tube down your nose ..ose area is deadened.....) and they monitor your swallowing patterns with sound wave technology,gave me some kind of Water and recorded my swallowing several times. It lasted about an hour and I was sent home. No need for a driver or anything.....I had mine in June and can hardly remember it. I am sure you will do fine. GERD is often a result of hiatal hernias. You might have to go on Nexium for awhile. Keep your chin up! I would really, really be surprised if you can't have your surgery at all. It may have to be delayed a bit. Sorry for the lowsy typing. I am typing in the dark....Take care,

Melinda

Thanks for the enouragement. I need it! MY GI Dr does NOT do this test... My surgeon I guess can't read it or do it. I left a message for the surgeon as I am out in the cold of whose gonna do this test. BCBS said its $75 copay.. A hosp person I called, told me a Dr's office staff has to set up appointment- but the surgeon need some one to read the results as they probably cant, so.. arhhhg I expected my GI to say ill take care of it, even if I cant do it myself- I have friends! Help me please!!!

Thanks for the enouragement. I need it! MY GI Dr does NOT do this test... My surgeon I guess can't read it or do it. I left a message for the surgeon as I am out in the cold of whose gonna do this test. BCBS said its $75 copay.. A hosp person I called, told me a Dr's office staff has to set up appointment- but the surgeon needs some one to read the results as they probably cant, so.. arhhhg I expected my GI to say ill take care of it, even if I cant do it myself- I have friends! Help me please!!!