Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 months

brenda62
Sign in to follow this  

Today I have had to lap band for six months. What a big change in me! I am down 113 pound with 31 left till goal. I have gone from a size 26 and am now starting to wear 12's. My feet are down a shoe size and width size. My rings have gone from an 11 to 8 1/2. Bra has gone from a 48DD to a 40DD. I have lost 86 inches and am off all my meds.

I walk 5 miles a day 5 days a week, 3 miles 1 day a week and go to curves 5 days a week. I finally this week feel restriction but it did not happen after a fill and it is great.

I had no problems with my lap band till I was filled from 8cc to 9cc (I have the 14cc band) that's when I learned what pb,sliming, and getting stuck meant! I had 1/2 a cc removed and am back to normal.

I eat between 800-1000 cals a day, lots of Protein. I do though eat 5 to 6 times a day, it works for me and my body loves it. It keeps me from getting to hungry and eating the wrong thing. I do allow myself one treat a day and include it in my cal count. 100 cal nabisco snack, or laughing cow ice cream, it keeps me on track and not craving. When I do want to eat something bad I stop and ask myself it I really want to use my cals on this and if it is really worth it. Most the time the answer is no and I get over it fast! Most days I drink over 100 ounces of Water and I am the one who did not like to drink water! It just becomes a habit after a while.

I know that with out my tool (lap band) I would not have made it this far and am so happy I did it. It is a lot of work and takes a lot of self control, discipline, and dedication to yourself and your health, but it can be done.

Would love to hear how everyone else is doing.........

Smiles Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Congratulations on such wonderful results! I was banded April 13 and have lost 102lb and, damn, it feels great!

I was a very tight size 26 when I started and am now buying size 14 tops, 16-18 on the bottom.

My husband and I are dancers but a night of dancing six months ago would leave me unable to sleep that night then unable to walk the next day with aching knees. Today I went for my morning walk and threw in some jogging intervals!

Keep up the great work. Sounds like you will reach your goal very soon.

I hope to reach my first goal this week - to be under 100kg for the first time in more than 25 years. I have a lovely new gold watch which I can start wearing when I break that barrier.

Cheers

Tracey

Hi Brenda

We were banded at the same time

I am the one that was banded and had no restriction

Well done on your wait loss

My port had flipped and that was my problem once corrected was everything was fine

I think you mentioned you had to have willpower

I lost two stone before banded and started out the size you are now and weighed a bit less.

I am a USA size 12 which is a 18 in the uk. I have now went down two more sizes and I am delighted

So congrats to us both

Great job Carerjem, feels wonderful doesn't it! I bought some old navy size 10 jeans yesterday and they fit, I am though happy to be a size 12. I am almost at goal and know the work has just begun. Kind of wondering how this maintenance is going to work.