Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seminar to Surgery - How Long?

No need to post anything crazy - Just looking for some information.

First, I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (so if you have them and want to inbox me, please do!)

Anyway.....How long did you wait to get to surgery from the time you went to your seminar? Was it 3 months? 6 months? 2 years?

Just wondering what the average might be. My BMI is 42 and I am not sure how long the road ahead will be......although I am quite excited about it!

Thanks,

~Stacey~

For me it was 3 months, all the doctor appointments were and testing and follow up took time. I was lucky though cause I had a really flexible schedule. Another girl I met it took her almost a year cause she worked 2 jobs and never had much time off. I United Healthcare there was no waiting period in my contract.

3 months for me, from seminar to surgery.

2 months for me and I have Medicare

No need to post anything crazy - Just looking for some information.

First, I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (so if you have them and want to inbox me, please do!)

Anyway.....How long did you wait to get to surgery from the time you went to your seminar? Was it 3 months? 6 months? 2 years?

Just wondering what the average might be. My BMI is 42 and I am not sure how long the road ahead will be......although I am quite excited about it!

Thanks,

~Stacey~

6 months for me but I am partly the cause. i did not rush things.

I am 4 days post op

I went to the seminar on August 9 and I am scheduled for surgery on October 12. I have limited time off so I scheduled many appointments (cardiologist, dietician, pulmonologist, etc.) in one day to get everything done quickly.

Thanks so much everyone :) I appreciate all of your input!

Hello... Less than 30 days was all it took for me... My seminar was August 18th and I completed all tests, pre-visits, and psych eval by Sept 13th. The nurse submitted my papers on Sept 13th and i was approved for surgery 2days late on Sept 15th. I could've had surgery Oct 1st but I had to get approval from my job for the time off, so I am having surgery Oct 14th... So excited. Btw, I have Anthem BCBS of CA... I live in Chicago though. They didnt require any 6month pre-diet or pcp referral. So that was a big plus. i hope everything goes well with you and your approval. Getting that call from the nurse saying your approved is a very happy moment and I hope you get to experience that very soon. Keep us posted!!!

I'm one week post op. I had BCBS-IL and it took me 10 months from the seminar to surgery.

I have bcbs is il and it took me about 7mos,.surgery date is 10/27 and my seminar was 3/25

WOW!!! 30 days. I was told that I could have it in 10 weeks possibly less. My consult is next Wednesday and then I want to hit the floor running with the other appointments needed. My husband and I are both doing it so I will have to appointments according to his schedule, on Wednesdays when the kids are in school he is off, I will schedule them. Maybe I could schedule more than 1 appointment each Wednsday to get it done fast.

It was 2 months from info session on 8/11 and surgery's 10/12. I have BC/BS Massachusetts.

It was 2 months from info session on 8/11 and surgery's 10/12. I have BC/BS Massachusetts.

When you have insurance it may take longer, but it's well worth it to save you thousands$$.

I don't have insurance, did not go to a seminar, did not have any pre-op testing or hoops of any kind.

I went to a consult with the surgeon and had the surgery 3 weeks later. I had to do 2 weeks Atkins pre-op diet and schedule time off work or I would have done it 2 weeks after the consult. I also paid $9,995.