Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone cheat on pre-op diet

I'm on day 5 of 14 and it's starting to get a little easier (thank goodness!!). Two days ago, I was soooo hungry, I cheated and ate about 1/2 cup of sauerkraut and 1/2 cup of chopped kale. It was so good. I miss cruncy food. I also had a slice of cheese that evening. My thinking was the cheese was Protein and the veggies wouldn't affect my liver. Do you think this will be okay? The rest of my diet is Protein shakes, yogurt, broths, and SF pudding/jello. Hunger can make people do crazy things. Last night, I didn't need anything additional. I was satisfied with my yogurt and cream of wheat.

10 more days till surgery!!!

My doctor allowed for 2 cups of veggies a day along with the liquids, so i think you are okay, as long as you didin't slather it in butter or dressing (lol)

my doctor allowed veggies too, but no yogurt or any of that. i could only use Protein shakes and 1 cup of veggies per day. so, it sounds like you have more options than I did.

while you may lose weight on the pre-op, please try your best not to cheat on it again. you can make it 14 days and that is really the most difficult part (other than the 10 days of liquids only right after surgery, if your doctor makes you do that)

if you are really having trouble sticking to the diet, you should contact your doctor and tell him. don't try to reason with yourself and give yourself permission to eat cheese or do anything that is not per the doctor. that is not a good way to go into this process. if you do that kind of reasoning now, believe me you will do that after you have healed and are ready to eat real food again.

resolve now to do what you are supposed to do and stick to it as best as you can.

I'm 3 days away from my surgery and had been doing well with my pre-op today I had my Protein shake for Breakfast (way later than usual because I got caught up with company) and then I found myself ravenously hungry.. The shake didn't fill me today as usual and all these ads kept coming on television about foods I love, cheese, & chicken & on& on.. I needed something to take the edge off and I went into my kitchen and at about 10 potato chips, then made me a bowl of broth.. Now, I'm feeling a bit discouraged because I feel I messed up with only 3 days away from my surgery.

Will this cause a problem? I feel bad, I had been doing so well and was so happy watching the scale go down daily.. Will someone pleaeeeease tell me this wont affect my surgery.. I'm going to fill up on my diluted juice and sugar free jell-o to take this "hunger edge" off today. Why oh Why is this happening when I'm so close...:huh: to being "Banded" I hope this doesn't mean I WONT be successful with the band.. This week has been a roller coaster of emotions..I thought I had a handle on it all.. Will this cause any complications????

Feeling I've set my self back...I truly need some advice and want to know if anyone else has had this slip up while nearing the end of the 2 week liquid diet if so how was it handled???

Looking for some upfront feedback...

Thanks

"Cynsayshun"

I'm 3 days away from my surgery and had been doing well with my pre-op today I had my Protein shake for Breakfast (way later than usual because I got caught up with company) and then I found myself ravenously hungry.. The shake didn't fill me today as usual and all these ads kept coming on television about foods I love, cheese, & chicken & on& on.. I needed something to take the edge off and I went into my kitchen and at about 10 potato chips, then made me a bowl of broth.. Now, I'm feeling a bit discouraged because I feel I messed up with only 3 days away from my surgery.

Will this cause a problem? I feel bad, I had been doing so well and was so happy watching the scale go down daily.. Will someone pleaeeeease tell me this wont affect my surgery.. I'm going to fill up on my diluted juice and sugar free jell-o to take this "hunger edge" off today. Why oh Why is this happening when I'm so close...:huh: to being "Banded" I hope this doesn't mean I WONT be successful with the band.. This week has been a roller coaster of emotions..I thought I had a handle on it all.. Will this cause any complications????

Feeling I've set my self back...I truly need some advice and want to know if anyone else has had this slip up while nearing the end of the 2 week liquid diet if so how was it handled???

Looking for some upfront feedback...

Thanks

"Cynsayshun"

Hi Cynsayshun

My pre-op diet is for 4 weeks. ( I wish it was just 2) My surgery date is 10/19. I can tell you from experience that I did cheat early on. I'm not proud of it but I'm not ashamed of it either. I am just human. The key is to get back on the wagon and stay on a "eating (drinking)" schedule regardless of where you are and who you are with. Don't reason it away to make yourself feel better. Just say, "OK, I back-slid. Tomorrow is a new day and I CAN DO THIS !!!!!"

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :) I'm proud of us for getting this far. It's really hard. I know it is. Hold your head up high and work hard. You are worth it.

God bless you! Good luck!!!

Lowpockets69