Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

would you pay for a warranty ?

I think someone had a good idea on another thread about paying some more to the doc to cover a band removal.

so lets look at it like buying a car. would you pay more for a "bumper to bumper" warranty ? alot of people pay several more hundred or even up to 1500$ for a extended warranty.and thats on a just on a car. whats it worth for your health?

so how much would you pay for a warranty that covers ALL fix's, removal and replacement.

I know i would've paid 30 - 50 thousand each for my wifes band and mine for the assurance it was covered for LIFE no matter what happens. it breaks ,they fix it, it errodes ,they remove it, then they replace it OR switch to bypass, all at no cost to me, because i paid for it.

i think its a great idea, pay a great deal more to be covered for anything.

would you have gotten the band if this is the way it was and the price was 30,40 or 50 thousand?

so what would you pay.?

It depends on the cost of the warranty. Knowing me, I'd give it a shot, I have extended warranties on my plasma televisions, my new Canon Rebel, my washer and dryer, 2yrs old, and another 2 years of warranty to go. All the kitchen appliances had extended warranties, yeah, I'm a chump for peace of mind, LOL.

Ummmm... NO!

If you have 50,000 to dedicate towards your lifetime banding/WLS expenses, put it in savings and sit on it. Why would you give it to the physician ahead of time? Chances are you'd never need to use it and you'd be overpaying by $35,000 (assuming you paid about $15,000 for the initial surgery). Heck, you could be rebanded or converted to RNY two times with that much money. How often is that going to happen?

I've always read that extended warranties are a rip-off. I do think you've hit upon a great money making opportunity for the band docs though. :)

would you have gotten the band if this is the way it was and the price was 30,40 or 50 thousand?

Depends on how much ins. wouldve paid.

If I was a cash payer - HECK no.

But I do think the price should be increased a bit to include all the lifetime maintence and problems that would arise.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I paid 12,500 cash for my band but if I could of had lifetime care for what comes up then I would have up to 30,000. But I only have a one year "guarantee" on my band. Everything is covered 100% for one year.

It's covered here anyway so no need. But in the situation like in the States where it isnt, I would be prepared to pay a modest amount to ensure totally covered aftercare. Nothing like $50K though, you may as well keep it in the bank and only use if if you needed to.

With all of the complications we hear about I would pay $25K in a heartbeat to ensure I would be taken care of for the rest of my life with my band!!!

But I do think the price should be increased a bit to include all the lifetime maintence and problems that would arise.

Agree with Paula

If I had to have my band removed I would have the gastric sleeve done. I could never do the Rny because I don't have a colon.