Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Little Worried and Confused! PLEASE HELP!

Okay, so I had to come home from school today because I am SOOOOOOOOO SICK! Im really nausiated and dizzy. I havent really been able to eat very much in about a month, but Ive had this fill for like 2 months? It wasnt a problem until about January. Im barely eating anything, BUT IM NOT LOSING WEIGHT! The most Ive eaten allllllllllllllllllllll month is like the meat and cheese out of 2 quesadillas from Chilis! I dont mind it, it just gets "stuck" and I get really sick and my chest hurts soooooooooooo bad, then I burp and Im better, but I cant hardly breath. One night I threw up my chinese food, then I went back to the same restaurant, didnt eat any of the same stuff that I ate the time b4 that and threw up again (it felt like I was having a heart attack or something because my body went all numb and achy.) Then I ate something friday night, fish I think, with ketchup and threw it back up. Ive narrowed down the problem tho! I THINK ITS THE KETCHUP! Cuz if I eat anything that has ketchup I get SICK! Like BBQ Sauce, ketchup itself, burger patty with it, or whatever else goes with ketchup, it come back up! Right now I NEED to eat but feel so sick to my stomach that I dunno if I can. Im eating all the Protein I can, but my hair is still falling out in clumps, and the worse part of all of this AGAIN is IM NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT! I drink a slimfast for Breakfast, have a little something for lunch (like 3-5 bites of beef mandarin or some kind of beef) and then for supper I take like 6 bites MAYBE and Im done, Im not full, its stuck! HURTS SO BAD I dont want anything else. Im sleepy ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl the time, and just overall feel weird, I wanted a little tighter fill B4 prom, but I guess it doesnt matter if Im not losing any weight does it? Besides that I would like to have hair for prom! I dunno, Im making an appointment to see the Doctor either for this week or next week, whenever I can get in, but right now I dont feel well AT ALL!

You are right to see your doctor. Sounds like you might be filled too tight.

About the ketchup. I would tend to think it was the burger under the ketchup that's the problem. You don't eat ketchup on your Chinese food do you? But Chinese food does have a lot of gooey stuff in it. Noodles and batters. I have read many bandsters can no longer tolerate breads and hamburger. Breads, even tho chewed a lot, tend to glom together in your stomach and make a big ball of goo that is hard to fit thru the band. Burger and steak is hard to break down into small enough pieces, so often they are hard to get thru the band as well.

Until you see the doc, I would recommend getting your butt back on liquids for a while. Get some whey Protein and really up that Protein intake. Even tho you said you are trying to eat lots, if it's coming back up, then you didn't ingest the protein.. which is why youre hair is falling out.

Get that dr. appt right away and get on liquids. This has to be very hard on your stomach, your esophugus (sp?) and your band.

Best of luck to you.

do not wait for them to fit you in, call and tell them this is serious. You are NOT GETTING ENOUGH nutrition or calories. This is very important Jody honey.

Go suck down a shake, you need it

Sounds like you are too tight. My nutritionist told me you have to eat between 1200-1500 calories to lose weight, otherwise your body goes into starvation mode and hangs on to the fat it has. Protein Shakes are good and will help to keep your hair from falling out. I went through the exact same thing when I was too tight. You can get a very slight unfill and it will make all the difference. Don't forget to exercise too. That will jump start your weightloss. I'm glad you are going to your doctor.

Definately get an unfill. I would recommend switching from Slimfast to Atkins. Most of the Atkins shakes have 20g of protien, and slimfast I believe is about half that.

Being stuck sucks. I would stay away from chinese food altogether, unless it's maybe eggflower Soup. Alot of people have trouble with hamburger patties. If you have fish, make sure it's moist. ketchup may be a problem, but if you are using it to lube something that is already dry, then the problem might be that the ketchup isn't doing you any good to lube what you are trying to lube, you know?

Also, maybe try starting your meals with a cup of hot tea, or low calorie soup/chicken broth. Something hot, thin, no bits in it, to kind of loosen you up a little.

Like Kathy said, screw the weight loss for the time being, that will come back to you, just take some time to feel better.

I thought Slimfast was a Protein Drink? I dunno? So confused, I went to senior breakfast, but there wasnt anything I could eat there....besides the point Im so sick right now I cant eat anything, so I had Water for breakfast. Its not that I am ONLY eating ketchup on hamburger patties, its like ANYTHING that contains ketchup, like cocktail or BBQ Sauce or anything like that. I dunno how many shrimp had to come back up for me to figure that one out. And BTW I havent even taken a bite of any kind of bread since I had my surgery from sheer FEAR that it will kill me or something lol! Im just feeling like nothing right now, I am SO tired I just wanna sleep constantly, I slept ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day yesterday, and Sunday and it looks like Ill do the same today. I think I might have a little bug too, but I seriously think I have an overfill in a major way. I kinda understand why it isnt helping me lose weight now. BTW when I feel better Im going to talk to our principal about the new nurse because she was ABSOLUTELY RUDE with a big huge R! I walked in and said, "Mam, my name is Jodie, I had Laproscopic Banding Surgery in August and Im very sick right now, I think I have a bug, but because of the restriction on my stomach Im very sick, and need to go home before I have to goto the hospital." And this PROFESSIONAL told me "if you have problems with it then why dont you have it taken out?" I explained to her the meaning of $15,000 (all while trying not to puke on her, or pass out). THEN this woman tells me, "If it gave me this much problems, I would have it taken out and just control myself. Can you not control yourself? Can you not help eating too much?" I WANTED to cry, but! I didnt get her that satisfaction! I told her that its not the band giving me probs, its a bug thats aggrivating my stomach which has a plastic band around it. This woman had the nerve to ask me, "have you tried diet pills? " I said, "Mam, diet pills could cause a person to have heart-attacks, and other problems which could eat away ur stomach lining and kill you!" And she smirked at me. I said, "Mam, look I used to take phentermine, in case you dont know it, its an amphetimene and its also known as a street name called SPEED!" She just looked at me like I was crazy! I said, "I had this surgery because of my knees, not just to look pretty." All she did was look at me like I was stupid and said that my doctor should know what hes doing. I told her he has thousands of patients he could not possibly keep up with EVERY single ones personal problems, by that I meant that he couldnt know that how much he put in me would be too much when he can put the same amount in Jane Doe and it be just fine. Its trial and error, he doesnt know EVERYTHING! This woman upset me SOOOOOOOOOOO bad! I cried ALLLLL the way home. This was the first time a medical professional, who is supposed to be able to handle young adults easily, has ever spoken to me like that. Like I was some animal who had no sense of control over my own life! I cried like aLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day because of her. It made my tummy feel worse and all she would do is offer me crackers (which I cant eat, bread duh?) Anyways just thought I would tell you guys that.............................

its like ANYTHING that contains ketchup, like cocktail or BBQ

These things come from tomato... and Tomato is VERY acidic. Which may be aggitating your esophogus (sp?).

Drink milk. It equals out the acid in the tummy.

And get to the nearest McD's and get a small - SMALL shake. McD's shakes are made from yogurt - which is something healing for your system.

No, Im not kidding. Ive had to learn this the hard way.

And as far as your school nurse, go easy on her. She's not educated with your situation (being banded). Not really her fault.

So? I suggest that you educate her. She's in a perfect vocation to help OTHER overweight teens become aware of banding. Next time you see her, hand her a packet of AGB info - let her do some "catching up".

Being a high school nurse, Im sure her speciality is aimed more at nausea/missed periods. :eek:

Hope you get better soon.

Have you called Melissa yet?

oh (((((Jody! )))))

Crackers are actually okay for most people.

No, slimfast is more a diet gimic food, lots of sugar, but not enough protien.

The school nurse is a jerk, so forget about her. get some liquid calories into you, especially with that bug! You might try some Ginger Altoids, if you can find them. Ginger is really good for nausia. Or some ginger tea.

I hope you feel better sweetheart.

((( Hugs Jody!! ))) Sounds like you're really having a tough time.

Seriously, go all liquid until you can get to the doc. Get some nutrition into you!

Atkins shakes don't taste as good as SlimFast (imo), but they're better for you! And if you can get to a nutrition store, get some Zero Carb Isopure liquid RTD (ready-to-drink). 20 oz of nothing but Protein (my favorite is blue raspberry). http://www.naturesbest.com/index.html?section=Shopping&id=3004&catSec=208&pid=17666&-session=thisSession:1D4B1A90BFBBA646F5E6D2810B1352B3

As for the nurse, chalk it up to being a skinny-minny her entire life & not understand the trials of an overweight person. Pity her for her ignorance & if you can educate her so she doesn't hurt someone else, go for it! Whatever you do, don't let her get you down! She totally doesn't get it.

Good luck, girlie, and get to that doc soon!!!

Just to interject something here that I have noticed on this and other band forums, is that the people who are not hardly eating seem NOT to be losing. It really does give evidence that the body is a machine and needs food to keep it from going into starvation mode.