Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A RE-introduction

His upfront costs is one of the reasons I'm not trying to go through Dr. Bauman!

Angie, they never asked me for insurance information or for money at the hospital. I did pre register via phone each time and they never asked me to bring any money-- so I am clueless.

Court

Dang, Sorry Melissa!! Did you tell them that others with Dr. B have the same insurance and could they try to file it? That is terrible. That is a bunch of money to come up with all up front. I will pre register tomorrow and see what they say to me. I will ask a bunch of questions about it too. I will let you all know what I come up with.

Angie

Uh, Melissa, I was told that you have 4 fills covered with Dr. Bauman's sugery fee. I was self-pay though, so I don't know if that matters or not. So, for my first one I only had to pay the hospital, none to Dr. Bauman. Then for my second I paid nothing at all since it was in his office. Weird!

Yep I told them.....I said I had a friend, same insurance and hasn't had to play any to dr. b when filled and told them I had another friend that they got preapproval for and she just had to pay the copay. They looked at me like I was crazy. I got a bit frustrated with it...and was irratated and other than pay it I didn't see an option.

Karen, yeah I knew about the upfront cost with going with dr. Bauman, though I thought I was only responsible for the hospital part upfront. Dr. V's office charged me an intial fee just to review my paperwork. I asked for that back when I felt forced to switch doctors and I've never recieved it back. I felt it should have been refunded because I wasn't given much choice, they initially didn't tell me why Dr. V was leaving....only that he was and they couldn't do my surgery that his patients were being referred elsewhere. If I had of went with Dr. B originally I wouldn't have had to pay that fee. At least the 200 paid to Dr. B and the 198. to the hostpital I will get back from insurance. Overall it sounds like the Dr. you picked has the least amount of upfront costs.

Dr. Bauman does have upfront costs but he is a damn fine Doctor. He has done my lapband surgery and now my gallbladder. He did very well and I think he is worth while on the upfront costs. You do get them back. The reason he does that is to help people out that has insurance that doesnt help pay everything and when you have that $250 at his office you gave in the beginning it really helps you in the long run. Anyone reading this that is looking for a good Doctor in Charlotte needs to know that he is a very fine Doctor and takes very good care of you.

I am one of the lucky ones to have wonderful insurance and have been approved for my fill but will have to pay the Hospital the 198 fee they charge. They will reimburse you so it isnt that big of a deal to me. But coming up with over 400 dollars is hard on anyone's pocket. I think they need to look into a payment plan or to get the Hospital to go ahead and file and ask for the money later if the insurance doesnt pay it.

Angie

I totally agree with you, Angie. I have been SO pleased with everything about Dr. B's services. I think he has a great bedside manner and I truly feel safe with him watching out for me. I would recommend him 110%!

I am very happy with Dr. B...don't get me wrong...just frustrated at the non standard payment thing. I really like the nutritional program that you get with Dr. B. I don't think I would have lost what I have without the monthly one on ones with the nutritionist. I liked Dr. V too, was very disappointed that he changed the practice when he did. Both are good doctors...with somewhat different styles.

Totally understand Melissa. They are hard and I wasnt calling you out. Just pointing out what a great Doctor he is and that it is worth while to pay those upfront fees for great service and a Doctor that can perform a great surgery. ROC Bauman ROCKS! ;)

I completely agree with you Angie. Dr. Bauman is wonderful, and the upfront costs are more than worth it. I would so much rather pay a little more upfront and know that I have a wonderful surgeon. But what am I talking about, I paid for everything upfront, since I'm self-pay!:faint: My point is though, if I had to choose to pay more upfront and feel confident in my surgeon or not pay as much up front and feel even be just a little less confident, I would definitely choose to pay more upfront. Boy, that made absolutely no sense at all, did it?;)

Of course, there are lots of reasons why different people choose different doctors. It's just like when we chose to take our son to New York City for his bilateral cleft repairs, instead of going to Winston-Salem, Chapel-Hill, or Duke. Everyone thought we were crazy. But, at the local places he would have 16 surgeries or more, and in New York he would have 2. To some people that's not worth traveling that far, but to others it is. So, I do know that what seems right to some won't be the right thing for others.

Ugh, I'm completely off track! I just wanted to say that, no matter what his upfront costs are, to me it was more than worth it for Dr. Bauman to do my surgery. That's just my opinion, and you know what they say about those!!:embarassed:

Denika

You ladies are craking me up...I will tell you who has to cutest surgeon..My son. haha. His surgeon is just plan eye candy. He is so nice. Ok just wanted to add my 2 cents in. ;)

It's great that everyone can talk about what is going on...it does help people feel better. I do think it's crazy they make you pay all the fees upfront. It just seems weird but as long as it just the first one I would have to say I would probably grin and bare it and go on....Good Luck ladies on those upcoming fills...I hope they do the trick for you.

Angie you still amaze me doing so well w/ no fill for over what 7 almost 8 months. You rock girl.

I have to do shout out to Dr. V - he may not be the best looking thing in the world but I like him. I think our area has some great doctors..we are really lucky to be able to have the option to choice think of the states out there that don't have anyone.

So lets hear it for the NC docs!!!!!

Exactly, Everyone has their own opinion's and we know the saying! ;) I am sure the other Dr.'s out there are great. I do think Dr. B is kind of cute. :nervous But you girls will probably think I am crazy. lol Oh well its not the first time ive been told that. ;)

Thanks Kim for the compliment. I dont know how I have done it either. I even at a PB&J sandwich and I had cut bread out of my diet all together. I need a fill and bad!!!! :kiss

Angie

If we are going by cuteness Dr. B is cuter than Dr. V...Though I do tend to like tall men. LOL I think I have a crush on Karah's assistant teacher from Germany. Course Kristen once had a male assistant ...also from Germany that was pretty cute too. Of course I'm OLD to these guys, they are college age...not to mention I'm married...lol.