Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friend says it's a magic pill

I lost my band due to erosion. I'm losing weight very slowly, but I'm STARVING most of the time. The amount of food it takes for me to lose weight is very small. If I eat more than 1200 - 1500 calories, the weight doesn't come off. So I eat my tiny meals that don't last in my belly till the next meal. I'm always hungry, always cranky.

When you have a band, the food stays in your pouch long enough that you don't have to suffer physical hunger. I was hardly ever hungry when I had the band, because my pouch stayed full for hours and hour and hours!

Don't worry about what your friend says because she doesn't know what it's like to feel hungry all the time. Your belly feels satisfied with just a little food that lasts when you have a band. Being hungry all day is no picnic - literally.

I have to agree with other posters, this is the reason I don't tell. Easy way out, not for me! Pain on the first bite of every meal, slime several times a day, Pbing all too often and the net result is half a pound a week.

Wow, Im not experienced with fills yet, but from what I've read it sounds to me like you are overfilled. That's just not right. Anyone else?

And Mykidsdad -- That was FUN-ny!

DeLarla -- Are you eating lots of Proteins? Proteins take longer to digest than carbs. Which is why people get hungry so fast after Chinese food. It's all carbs. So are those big bowls of veggies you eat.

And are you drinking with meals? You might be washing that food right on out. Just a thought.

Wow, Im not experienced with fills yet, but from what I've read it sounds to me like you are overfilled. That's just not right. Anyone else?

I told her the same thing. We had a long chat about it today. Do you see that he is only been banded 4 months and going on her 5th fill? Her doctor told her it was normal for some people to slime on the first bite of every meal!!! I was in shock. But she is going to really ask some good question of Dr. Feelgood now though. I armed her with a list of questions to ask.

You know...in some ways the band is harder. Don't gasp yet, hear me out. Everyone is watching for you to drop massive amounts of weight...or at least it seems that way. And guess what, the foods that are EASIST to eat are the ones we aren't suppouse to eat. The foods that we have to chew and chew, the solid protiens that if not cooked just right tend to get stuck are the ones we are suppouse to eat. The band makes no difference when I eat crap like M & M's, chocolate, ice cream...ya get the point. I don't get stuck on the non diet foods. I get stuck on the things like beef (hamburger YUCK), dry chicken, shrimp. Now the lapband can make dieting easier...but as far as I'm concerned, I'm still dieting...I just have less choices physically.