Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sports Bras...

I need a good sports bra (or 2) but I wear about a 40DD. Needless to say they are not so easy to find in stores, but online they are aplenty. I have already come to the conclusion that it is going to cost a small fortune, but if I am going to invest, I want to invest wisely. I have no issues with underwires or racerbacks or anything like that. I want a bra that is going to keep me from getting a black eye (or two!) in Zumba.

Any suggestions?

Good luck, everyone!

Try Fashion Bug. They have a wide variety of bras and they come in larger sizes. Pretty reasonably priced too.

try the Champion Jogbra Action-Shape Sports bra. i played tennis in these for years and the bras not only held my girls in place, they also held up well, even with machine washing. i like them because the straps as well as the band are adjustable. if you're near a Sports Authority, they usually carry them and you can find them on Amazon as well. they run true to size, so if you order your bra size you should have a good fit. there is also a good t-back Champion bra i got at Target, but it's not as supportive because the straps can't be adjusted and i'm short, so the girls are a lil' droppy- i only use it for walking and light-impact activities.

I was told to get the sports bra a size smaller than you wear. I wear a 40 DD and my sports bra's are 38 DD. It is hard to find good sportive ones when you are large chested

that's the great thing about this bra- the individial bra size is a range between two bands and cups, not just a single size, so you're able to get one that is snug but not suffocating- there is one that is a 38-40 D/DD size. i'm a 34DDD~36DD and i can wear the 34-36 C/D or the 34-36 D/DD- the first one is snugger, but i have a little spillage on the sides, so i find the bigger cup option more comfortable. and the bra has good separation without underwire. good luck!

Tatta Tamer from Lululemon...I love it!

Get the "shock obsorber" google it.. It is the best sports bra EVER!!! I play soccer, volleyball, run, etc in mine and it is fantastic. BTW I am a 38-HH.... They are about $70 but you can find them on Ebay brand new for $35 - $40

Enell sports bra. No question about it. I LOVE it and it keeps those puppies secured. They're not very attractive, but damn do they work.

I wear this bra everyday and have been wearing this brand since I was at my highest weight. I went from a size 4 bra to a size 1 bra.

A few weeks ago I went "real bra" shopping.... first off, I can't get bras everywhere because most don't have my size. So I ended up having to go to Victoria's Secret because I wear a 34DD. Even then, still not comfortable, so I don't typically wear it day-to-day. Too bouncy!

I love my Lululemon TaTa tamer

Try www.onestopplus.com they have great size ranges and good prices.

I bought an Enell 3 years ago and it is amazing! I found out about the Enell brand from doing research on LBT, a lot of women recommended them. I can run in it and my boobs don't move at all. My belly & butt bounce all over but not my boobs haha. It was expensive but it has been worth every penny. I actually wear a cheep cotton sports bra from Walmart under my Enell, I have a few of the cheepies so I can wash them everyday, and only wash the Enell every few days to save on wear & tear. Plus the double support works great for running.