Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Erosion: Our OWN Statistics.

I was just wondering if the stats for The DR. lopez were all for the same Dr Lopez I was banded in Tijauana by Doctor Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala

So far all the individuals posting have been with the same Lopez to the best of my knowledge. I know for certain that several (if not all) were performed in Tijuana.< /p>

Thanks for your stats!

Oh and Jenna, thanks for bumping the post :)

I had to have an ovarian cyst removed this week and the dr took pictures of my port. I don't have any of the actual band but the port looks brand new!

there is a post that eroided and she was banded by a dr lopez from Rosarito BEach MExico also with a different name..

I was wondering if there was any reason they gave for the erosion or any way you could prevent it..

Okay, I am irritated. We have over 6,400 members on this forum. We have had 109 people come forth with simple data. Why is it so hard to share this information for a good purpose??? All it takes is a few minutes. No explaining, just the facts. And if you didn't want to post, then just PM it. Please.

I was wondering if this was the Dr Lopez

Juan antoinio LOpez Corvala that works with doctor CLaysa hermesio in Tijuana also or a different Dr LOpez

There is indeed one erosion incorrectly against J.A. Lopez. I'll meddle with things and get that straightened out.

I think I'm going to tweak the results to try and prevent this in future.

Ta for bringing it to my attention.

Hello, My name is Mark and I am new to this forum. The reason I am here is because I am thinking of getting banded, as a matter of fact I have a scheduled date for surgery – May 3<SUP>rd</SUP> 06. I am going pay cash and am going to have the surgery here in the US. I am still thinking hard about this decision. I can still back out if I read enough to change my to change my mind. I am trying to find out all I can about peoples experiences with the band.

I have questions about band “erosion”. What exactly is it? What causes erosion to the band? Why does it happen to some people and not others?<O:p</O:p

If anyone can explain I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Mark

Hello, My name is Mark and I am new to this forum. The reason I am here is because I am thinking of getting banded, as a matter of fact I have a scheduled date for surgery – May 3<SUP>rd</SUP> 06. I am going pay cash and am going to have the surgery here in the US. I am still thinking hard about this decision. I can still back out if I read enough to change my to change my mind. I am trying to find out all I can about peoples experiences with the band.

I have questions about band “erosion”. What exactly is it? What causes erosion to the band? Why does it happen to some people and not others?<O:p</O:p

If anyone can explain I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Mark

Greetings Mark,

So first thing, the band doesn't erode, the stomach does. Basically the band migrates through the stomach wall which obviously causes some severe issues.

Once a band begins to erode into the stomach wall the standard procedure is to remove the band and allow the stomach to heal. The patient then has the option to have another band, or attempt some alternative form of weight loss surgery (or of course, do nothing).

Though erosion is one of the most "hot topic" complications of the band there are several complications which can cause the band to be removed, and you should discuss this with your surgeon.

One thing to bear in mind is that there is no 'perfect' solution with weight loss surgery. Each of them have problems of varrying levels of severity and you should carefully consider this before making your selection (I have no doubt that's exactly what you are doing).

Please be sure and discuss potential complications with your surgeon (and probably your primary healthcare doctor).

The information we are collecting here is far from definitive.

Good luck with whatever you choose!