Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 7 Banding Scheduled

Diane,

I am so excited for you!!!!!! Good luck and just remember that you have to do what is right for you. You don't need anyones permission to do what you are doing and hopefully your husband will begin to understand how much this means to you and why it means so much.

I have a lot of problems with my sinuses because of the CPap as well, but without it I am so uncomfortable. How long have you had your machine? I've had mine for about 4.5 years and a friend of mine just got one. He was telling me that there are all kinds of new and smaller masks and stuff that I had never seen or heard of. I use the pillows because the mask makes me chlostrophobic also.

Conratulations again on your doctor visit Diane. I can't wait to hear how things are going.:hug:

Robin....welcome to your new home at LBT!! This is a great place. :clap2: I guess I'm impatient b/c I only decided on the lapband this Jan and can't wait to schedule my surgery. So glad to hear you have approval and a date! I am a former Buckeye and have lived in OH all my life with the exception of living here in IN the past 1.5 yrs. I have fallen in love with IN, but do miss OH at times.

We are huge dog lovers and have a chocolate lab named Malley. Does Malley's Chocolates ring a bell? They are located in Cleveland.

I wish you all the success in the world and welcome to LBT!!

I LOVE MALLEYS CHOCOLATE!.....but I think chocolate is a dirty word on this site! LOL

(I am really a Bostonian....but loving Ohio)

Thanks Robin,

I have had 3 machines delivered to me over the past 4 yrs....and the first two I gave back for non-compliance. I am really trying this time around and the nasal pillow IS much better than before...but it is that darn pressure that really causes pain for me. I'll give it a shot tonight....I usually try for a day or so....and then I stop for a couple weeks...then try again...etc... that's my poor record of cpap. LOL

and thanks again Robin for the lovely candles!

warmest wishes....diane : )

Diane,

There is a machine that your supplier can bring to your house and hook up for you in place of the CPAP. It measures the air regulation and does another test similar to the sleep study right in your home. It may be that they have you set to high.

Hi Robin,

I am also scheduled for surgery on March 7, 2006 - different location. I'm happy you found this website, it's been a great resource for me and I'm sure you'll find all kinds of helpful information here. One word of advise - take it or leave it as you choose - try not to spend too much time reading the "complications" thread. I know it's important to understand what kind's of complications are possible but if you spend hours (like I did) reading that thread you may become too anxious about having the surgery. I'm struggling with that right now. Initially, I looked at that thread out of curiosity; I continued to read the thread because it gave me some questions to ask my surgeon - questions that hadn't occured to me previously; finally, I kept reading because I couldn't look away from the car crash. Now I'm scared silly that I'll crash too! I'm coming to grips and I just keep telling myself how much better my life will be after WLS and that the actual rate of complications is quite low.

I hope I didn't throw a dark cloud over your plans, I just don't want you to spend as much time worrying as I did. Best wishes for your surgery and the wonderful future you're going to have.

Sincerely,

DonnaB

Donna,

Not at all. Thanks. I know there are possible complications, but I refuse to dwell on them. At this point if I don't do something, I won't be around long enough to enjoy my life. All I can think about is getting my life back and enjoying and being here for my grandchildren.

Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you on the big day and saying a prayer for us both. We'll both be fine and so will life soon after.

to be honest i have not read that yet. i get enough shit at home. and no not from my parents. they are so happy i am going to do this

That's great. We all need all the support we can get. Keep us informed on how you are doing. Your date is only 2 weeks away!!!!!!

Oh my, that means mine is only 3 away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh i will. we will do great. my friends keep scaring me. they are telling me if i do not get some kind of net around my stomach it will explode and kill me please tell me this is not true.

A net? Where did they get that from? I certainly have never heard of anyone's stomach exploding from having a band. Don't let them scare you. I think they're all just worried about how much better you are going to look then them when you reach your goal. Ignore them and go for it.

A net? Where did they get that from? I certainly have never heard of anyone's stomach exploding from having a band. Don't let them scare you. I think they're all just worried about how much better you are going to look then them when you reach your goal. Ignore them and go for it.
i do not know where they got that from. but that did freak me out. thank you for clearing that up for me. yeah i was very very scared about that

The people that always have the worst things to say are the people who have no idea what they are talking about. You and I both have been reading all of the information and tips and help on this site and been through everything we've had to go through to get here. Nothing can stop us now. I'm old enough to be your mother, so listen up kiddo. You are going to do great. With all the love, thoughts and prayers from here how could we not do great. You take care, keep your chin up and don't listen to any crap from anyone. I'm thinking of you.

thank you very much. i do not know why they would say something like that. this is a great site. so many wonderful caring people. i want to thank everyone:)

BTW ...EMTBABY.....I spoke with a friend's husband who happens to be a Gastroenterologist. I wanted him to give me some insights as to the risks etc...

He said...in general ....surgerys of the stomach are less dangerous in comparsion to other organs. In fact...he said in the worst case scenerio....if a patient had stomach cancer and had his entire stomach removed...and the esophagas (sp?) attached directly to the gut....he would still be able to survive. So most problems...including the worst case situations ... are not life threatening. Most problems he said come when people have other metabolic problems going on....and therefore were not ideal candidates...but insisted on the surgery.....and then subsequently...had poor results...due to a metabolic dominoe effect of problems.

So...if you don't have kidney, liver, pancreas or other metabolic conditions....then you really should not worry....other than the obvious risks attributed to any surgery...ie: anethesia, site infections....etc.

That is why most good doctors....will make you do a ton of other medical tests to be sure that you will tolerate the surgery well. Do listen to the experts....if they feel you are too complicated.....maybe it is best to get into a better health situation before pursuing this or other surgeries.

hugs...diane : )

Hey Robin, your having your band on my band anniversary !

Way to go ! I remember how excited I was. Looking back I can hardly believe that I found the nerve to do it, and what an exciting year this has been.

Good luck to you. It aint magic, but in my estimation it runs a good second place. I wouldnt trade it in Ill tell you that !

There's so much to learn and loose (smile) that before you know it you'll have a first year anniversary of your own. Good Stuff ! Cheers ! Way to Go !

Bon Voyage ! and God's Speed !