Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay!!! I got my surgery date... Now what's next???

Okay... I started my journey on August 18th, 2011 when I attended my first ever seminar. Over the past couple weeks I have done all things required from insurance n my surgeon. So... the nurse submitted all my paperwork to my insurance company (Anthem BCBS) on Tuesday Sept 13th... and 2 days later on Sept 15th, I got my approval for LapBand surgery. This is the best news I've gotten in a long time!!!...biggrin.gif... It's all happening so much faster than I expected. After clearing things up with my job, I am scheduled to have surgery on Oct 14th (26days n counting). I have to do a 10 Atkins diet before surgery. Does anyone know a little bit about Atkins? What kinds of things should I be eating on this diet? Also any tips on what I need to get before surgery and what to bring with me to the hospital on surgery day? Also any suggestions on things I should start doing now that will help me along the way. Thanks LBT family. I am so happy to be taking this journey with all the love n support from my friends, family, and of course all the beautiful people on LBT. Yay!!!

Banane05.gif bananapowerslide.gif Banane04.gif

Okay... I started my journey on August 18th, 2011 when I attended my first ever seminar. Over the past couple weeks I have done all things required from insurance n my surgeon. So... the nurse submitted all my paperwork to my insurance company (Anthem BCBS) on Tuesday Sept 13th... and 2 days later on Sept 15th, I got my approval for LapBand surgery. This is the best news I've gotten in a long time!!!...biggrin.gif... It's all happening so much faster than I expected. After clearing things up with my job, I am scheduled to have surgery on Oct 14th (26days n counting). I have to do a 10 Atkins diet before surgery. Does anyone know a little bit about Atkins? What kinds of things should I be eating on this diet? Also any tips on what I need to get before surgery and what to bring with me to the hospital on surgery day? Also any suggestions on things I should start doing now that will help me along the way. Thanks LBT family. I am so happy to be taking this journey with all the love n support from my friends, family, and of course all the beautiful people on LBT. Yay!!!

Banane05.gif bananapowerslide.gifBanane04.gif

Hey Boshie... Not sure if u were trying to post something for me to read but your message was blank. Just an FYI... Thanks anyway...

:D FIRST i would like to say CONGRATS!!!. Sounds like you are ready. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck!! I was banded on Dec. of 09' and doing great. Had a few bumps alone the way dry.gif but on my way again. U can do this. Also this site is amazing. When you are having a bad day and cant seem to stay on track just long on there is always someone that will lift you up and help you through the day. Look me up sometimes if you would like to talk.

GOOOOD LUCK!

Adkins is low carb.

Congrats the lap band so far is the best thing I have ever done I am only 8 weeks post opt. The surgery was a piece of cake for me. I walked a bunch which helps with the gas pain.

I would get chewable Vitamins, gas-x strips, pill splitter and a baby spoons for after surgery.

I did Atkins before surgery also. You can have sugar free Jello, eggs, cheese, meat and some vegetables. Some Protein shakes are low carb. I could only have 20 total carbs per day not net. This is confusing because all the Atkins products load up Fiber to offset carb total. i used my fitness pal to track my total carbs it helps. They are lots of recipes online. I was eating a lot of steak and eggs. I also cleaned out my fridge and pantry it helps not to have all the carb stuff around.

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone... Another question??? Any suggestions on tasty Protein mixes or shakes? I hear some brands are just awful. Which ones have you all grown to like/love??? Thanks...

reading your post gives me hope that it wont take so long...i also have anthem bc/bs and i go to my first seminar on tuesday..im excited..and this site is soo informative..i love it