Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills symptoms and eating - green zone??

Hi. I had surgery on 8/2. I have only lost a few pounds but I think my band was very loose. I just had my second fill a week ago and it's the first time I've actually felt a difference. I get a little chest pain if I don't chew the food enough or drink too fast (like it's stuck). Outside that, I still feel like I'm taking in a lot of food when I do eat. Is that normal? Just reading some of the blogs people seem to be dropping weight like crazy. My doc says 1-2 pounds a week. I'm wondering if I need one more fill. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

I believe I hit the green zone when I realised I only needed smaller portions to feel satisfied and then wasn't hungry again for at least three hours. Ive had thee fills, but it is different for everyone.

Hi. I had surgery on 8/2. I have only lost a few pounds but I think my band was very loose. I just had my second fill a week ago and it's the first time I've actually felt a difference. I get a little chest pain if I don't chew the food enough or drink too fast (like it's stuck). Outside that, I still feel like I'm taking in a lot of food when I do eat. Is that normal? Just reading some of the blogs people seem to be dropping weight like crazy. My doc says 1-2 pounds a week. I'm wondering if I need one more fill. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think I hit my green zone with this 4th fill. I am know when I am eating too much and I know now how to make better food choices that won't make me sick. Also that is a good sign that you should be sipping not gulping down drinks. Your band is working learn to work with it. My doctor said the same thing 1 to 2 lbs a week you figure that is 7-8 lbs a months multiply that by 3 you will be down at least 21-24 lbs in 3 months. Good luck on your journey. There is no quick fix. And dont be so hard on yourself.

Hi!

I had my surgery on May 20th. I started out slow with my food. Eating small bites to see if I could tolerated the food. I did make sure I was getting enough fluids in each day. I lived off Soup, cottage cheese, and dole fruit popsicles my 1st and 2nd week post-op. I was so glad to eat refried Beans and shredded cheese in my 3rd week! Just take it slow and chew, chew, chew.

My surgeon wanted to wait for my first fill because I was doing so well with my weight loss and diet. I see my surgeon on October 12 for my 1st fill. I am so excited!! I told my surgeon this is the most weight I've lost and have kept it off the longest in my entire life! He even gave me a hug.

I hit mine on the 3rd fill. You'll know when you get there and it sounds like you're not there yet.

I define Green zone by eating 2-3 meals per day, not hungry for 4-5 hours. In my green zone, I eat at 11am, then again around 5pm. I eat 1/2-1cup of meat and i'm full, then not hungry for an extended period. I'm not tempted by junk foods, and i'm not obsessing over eating and starving myself. What a blessing to have those thoughts out of my mind!

I had my surgery on Sept. 22 and my first fill on Oct 26. I don't feel any different and am concerned I am over eating. I do get the chest pains and feel the need to burp which then relieves the pain. Sometimes I walk. I don't feel full when I am eating. Did you feel that way? Does the second fill go better?

dry.gif

I had my surgery on Sept. 22 and my first fill on Oct 26. I don't feel any different and am concerned I am over eating. I do get the chest pains and feel the need to burp which then relieves the pain. Sometimes I walk. I don't feel full when I am eating. Did you feel that way? Does the second fill go better?

dry.gif

I never actually feel "full" anymore. It's a weird, new sensation. I feel like i'm uncomfortable, but not full like i used to. It feels like the food is almost in my throat...its hard to explain.

You probably have more satiety after the first fill, but you won't feel a big difference until your 2nd or 3rd. I remember being disappointed after my first, wanting to feel more restriction and not getting it. This is the part that kinda sucks, you just have to stick with your diet and wait for the band to start helping more with each fill.

Something i enjoy doing, kinda odd but it lets me know my band is actually working. I don't eat before going to get a fill. I go in hungry, then after my fill i'm not anymore. I love it..it's like confirmation. lol.