Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Slippage Question

My doctor told me today that my band slipped. I had a fill with a flouro last Thursday and I was overfilled. When I went in today for a unfill, he said that my band slipped. He showed me last the images from last week and today and it does look more horizontal now. He said that some patients are fine with a slip, could go years with no problems, and everything looked good with mine. When I asked him what would happen if it weren't fine, he said he would remove it and that he does not do band replacements because of scare tissue.

Anyone ever hear of this? I threw up a few times over the weekend so I'm assuming that caused the slip. What are the symptoms of slippage? Since my .5cc unfill today, I feel wonderful and ate "lap band normal" at dinner (about 1/2 cup). Any advice is appreciated!

My advice is to ask your doctor. Throwing up means slip but you should be talking to your doctor about this.

I was diagnosed with a slip yesterday. I am very sensitive to barometric pressure, and we just started getting pressurized cold fronts coming in, and I get REAL tight when the pressure goes up. I am pretty sure when my band slipped, because I was at home the day after a big high pressure front, and was eating yogurt and could not get it down. I threw up “jellyfish” for 3 hours. Since then, I have had major heartburn, acid reflux and it is painful to get anything down, even frozen yogurt. When I eat or drink anything, slime comes up by the mouthful to try and help get it down. When I attempt to burp I taste stomach acid just in the air that comes up. The Dr said yesterday that it slipped and they emptied the band, and now I am on liquids for 2 weeks. My weight loss has been going pretty well, losing 74 lbs since my surgery Nov 2010. I am so bummed, because I do not want to get way off my goal track, but it does feel nice to not taste stomach acid. I hope this unfill will fix it, cause I’m a self pay and cannot see paying for a revision or removal surgery.

No joke it is so bad right now cause of the economy and everything. I no longer have insurance and it sucks it is terrible not knowing what is wrong with me? I am hoping being on liquids will help. It seems to be helping? I did it for a week and then went to quickly back to solids cause it felt ok.

Then it got not near as bad as it was last time but it is irritated GERD I assume. SO back on liquids and hoping it corrects itself cause I do not have the money or the insurance to fix it. I am wishing all of you the best of luck too.

Any of you when this happened have gas at all? Like lots of burping almost like it was when you got the band but add acid to the mix <_<