Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Tight in the morning

I have had my band or 3 years now. I lost about 30 pounds, but I have gone back and fouth to the doctor to get fills and unfills. My band is very tight in the morning. I can sip Water, tea or Hot drinks. I am not to hungry until around 2:00 then, Iwill eat a Protein Bar or something small. By dinner I am hunger and can eat anything with hardly any limitations. I try not to do that, but I could if I want to. Therefore, I dont think the band is doing what it is suppose to.

I did go and get my band tightened a few weeks ago, but again (as it has been so many times) it was so tight I could not even sip a drink until 4:00 in the afternoon. I started getting sick ever day. I keep waking up in the night with liquid coming back up. I know it was to tight, so they removed what they put in. I was so thirsty in the morning that I tryed to get something done and it made me sick.

Does anyone else have a very tight band in the morning. If so, what have you done to try and loosen it up.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I am tight in the morning buy I can drink just fine. If I eat I have to be slow and chew very well. Usually after a couple of hours I am fine. I seem to snack more at night. I've lost 71 lbs and have hit a major slow down. It took me 3 weeks to loose 1 pound.

I am very tight in the morning as well. I can usually sip Water, hot tea, etc...then after being up for a few hours I drink a Protein Shake for Breakfast. I usually have to eat Soup, or something saucey and moist for lunch, then by dinner I can eat normally as well. I find that if I am planning to eat a meal that is full of bulk and substance like meat, salad, etc I drink a lot of water to get my stomach ready. Plus we are supposed to drink a lot of water anyways. I have noticed a decline in weight loss as well and I can only think its because I am eating more at dinner which means more calories, and then not being as active as during the day. I have had my band for over a year and I am now only going every 3-4 months for a fill, so it's not like I was just filled and got too tight.....I just have had to adjust my activity level in the evening and excercise self control at dinner. I am hoping that I see some better results like what I was experiencing before. Perhaps try that too and see how it goes....or pay a visit to the doctor. Good luck :)