Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ready to start

Well this is my first time on this site,but has been reading it for about 2 months. I am scheduled to be banded on the 29th and will be starting my pre-op diet on the 15th, I am not sure how to start the diet ,I have never ,ever made a smoothie or any type of Protein Drink, I do not want to tastes to discourage me. Anyone have any good ideas?:rolleyes:

Well this is my first time on this site,but has been reading it for about 2 months. I am scheduled to be banded on the 29th and will be starting my pre-op diet on the 15th, I am not sure how to start the diet ,I have never ,ever made a smoothie or any type of Protein drink, I do not want to tastes to discourage me. Anyone have any good ideas?:rolleyes:

Hola Chula, I'm pretty new as well. I looked at your profile and we match pretty close. My surgery date is on 9/30 and I have to do THREE weeks of pre-op diet.

The Protein drinks are hit and miss. Your doctor's office should provide you with the info for your pre-op diet. My doctor's office gave me a three week supply of Bariatric Advantage. It's okay, not too bad. One suggestion I have for you is to definately get a blender and mix any drink up very good and drink it cold! It tastes much better that way! Good luck to you!

Hola Chula, I'm pretty new as well. I looked at your profile and we match pretty close. My surgery date is on 9/30 and I have to do THREE weeks of pre-op diet.

The Protein drinks are hit and miss. Your doctor's office should provide you with the info for your pre-op diet. My doctor's office gave me a three week supply of Bariatric Advantage. It's okay, not too bad. One suggestion I have for you is to definately get a blender and mix any drink up very good and drink it cold! It tastes much better that way! Good luck to you!

I had my lapband surgery on Thursday 9/15/11. My pre-op diet went for as long as I could lose 16 pounds. Once there - they scheduled my surgery. I ended up losing 22 pounds by the time surgery happened. Today I am post-op day 5 and had my first Protein drink. I ended up buying Pure Protein (25g Protein) from Wal-Mart. I only bought Frosty chocolate but after talking to the nurse in the hospital, I'm picking up vanilla too. I attend a support group (started pre-op) and learned about various types. The one I chose was something another person liked. I was lucky - liked the 1st one I tried. My regimine post-op is Clear liquids week 1, full liquids week 2, pureed week 3 & 4, soft foods week 4 & 5 and regular good week 6 and beyond. My advise for the pre-op diet is follow your plan & keep your eye on your goal. If you have any type of support group - whether it be part of your program or online - do it & maintain that involvement.

All the best of luck to you!

I was banded in March and have never looked back. My sister just got hers on Sept 1st. I invested in the Magic Bullet blender and use it EVERY day. I use a chocolate shake in the morning, sometimes adding PB2 (powdered Peanut Butter available online if you cant find it locally) which tastes like a Peanut Butter cup. During the day I drink unflavored protien in a sugar free lemonade. These really help keep hunger pains away and I have even converted some of my coworkers who are trying to lose weight. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is a great brand available online but I also use BioChem which also has 20 grams of Protein per serving. You can add lots of fruits to get variety but I am a creature of habit so it doesn't bother me to have the same thing every day. I get my variety from my meals and is good enough for me. I have lost 63 lbs in 6 months and wish the best of luck. Just don't get discouraged. The weight fell off so quick the first 2-3 weeks but when the stomach swelling went down and I hand no Fluid in the band the hunger crept back and weight loss slowed. I got on the obesity help website, got in a chat room and asked for help. This is what I was told: "Don't get discouraged, stay the path, take it one day and one pound at a time."

So best of luck and don't ever forget to reach out for support!!!

Well this is my first time on this site,but has been reading it for about 2 months. I am scheduled to be banded on the 29th and will be starting my pre-op diet on the 15th, I am not sure how to start the diet ,I have never ,ever made a smoothie or any type of Protein Drink, I do not want to tastes to discourage me. Anyone have any good ideas?:rolleyes:

I was scheduled to have surgery on Aug 30th but a family thing forced a reschedule to my next time off in December but I did do my 2 week pre-op diet as planned since the surgery was not rescheduled till the monday before it was to happen on wednesday I bought the Body Fortress whey protien powder from wal mart I think it was 16.97 a container I really like the chocolate and the vanilla is o.k. but it seems to sweet to my taste I also tried the chocolate Peanut Butter and found it disgusting and threw it away a few tries later when I found I just could not make myself like it..But now that I have read Javajodster's post I think I will give Pure Protien a try because vareity makes the dieting easier to do. Definately use a blender to mix it and use some ice in it as well because they are right the colder the better they are

Just reading responses & I have to say I love the "Don't Look Back" comment. That is what i did too & it is the best way to do it. My relationship with food really changed. I also love the tip to use ice cubes with the Protein drink. I do find mine to be rather thick. Today I mixed it with my chocolate milk. Tomorrow morning I am going to try doing just the 8 oz of protein power, 8 oz of skim milk & ice cubes. Anxious to see if it makes the consistency better. I purchased a Bullet & love it. Haven't used it more than twice so far. Going to use it for my Protein Drinks. Starting tomorrow I am on full liquids. When I hit pureed I'm going to start getting creative with this protein stuff. Love this site!