Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 Days Post Op and not losing....HELP!!

Hi all,

I am on day 11 post op and I have not lost much weight. I went to see the surgeon for my follow-up on Fri and lost 6 pounds. Since then I have gained .2 pounds. I am still on the liquids and am consuming less than 900 calories a day. Why is this happening? I feel so discouraged!!! Has anyone else experienced this?

All input is appreciated!!

Stacy

11 days post op is not about losing weight. It's about healing. Just relax and follow the process. The weight will come off when it's time!

Agreed you too soon to be worried about losing weight. Worry about healing right now the weight loss will come

Thanks! I read about the amazing weight loss of some people on this site and keep hoping for the same! I'm following.....

11 days post op is not about losing weight. It's about healing. Just relax and follow the process. The weight will come off when it's time!

You have to remember that this is not a race and that everyone loses weight differently. At first when I was banded, I was slow as a turtle. I compared myself to others who were banded at the same time and I about drove myself crazy. Here I am, 126 lbs lighter and I can completely understand how you were feeling. Your body is healing and is recovering from a major shock to your system. With your pre-op diet, I'm sure your body has gotten used to a reduced food intake and it has slowed down a bit. You will see a slow loss at first possibly, but remember you will see a loss if you follow the rules. Lap Bands only help us lose...the weight just does not instantly fall off. It took me a solid 8 months for that "click" to happen and for my body to really and honestly move into high gear with my steady weight loss.

Don't get discouraged. Just know you have made the best decision for yourself and your health!

Good luck to you!

Stephanie

Thanks! I read about the amazing weight loss of some people on this site and keep hoping for the same! I'm following.....

Yes some of us have had amazing weight loss but it wasn't easy. It was a long difficult road. I literally and figuratively worked my ass off. You've lost 6 pounds in 11 days. During the same period, I lost about 15 but lets put that in perspective...I had a starting weight of 135 pounds more than you. I had so much more to lose. My 15 was about 4% of my total weight. Your 6 pounds is about 3% of your total weight. So really, you're doing very well. Just keep following the process, relax and enjoy the journey. It really is amazing!

At my 1 week post op appointment I had lost 8.5 lbs. I was hoping(like I'm sure everyone does) that I'd be that person that lost 30 lbs my first few weeks! Then I even gained a few lbs and platued for a couple weeks... Noe I'm finally losing again. I'm down 20 lbs since surgery at 6 weeks post op. Like everyone else said, focus on healing. The weight will come off.

Thanks Stephanie! Congrats on your success!!

You have to remember that this is not a race and that everyone loses weight differently. At first when I was banded, I was slow as a turtle. I compared myself to others who were banded at the same time and I about drove myself crazy. Here I am, 126 lbs lighter and I can completely understand how you were feeling. Your body is healing and is recovering from a major shock to your system. With your pre-op diet, I'm sure your body has gotten used to a reduced food intake and it has slowed down a bit. You will see a slow loss at first possibly, but remember you will see a loss if you follow the rules. Lap Bands only help us lose...the weight just does not instantly fall off. It took me a solid 8 months for that "click" to happen and for my body to really and honestly move into high gear with my steady weight loss.

Don't get discouraged. Just know you have made the best decision for yourself and your health!

Good luck to you!

Stephanie

Yes, when you put it like that, I guess my 6 isn't so bad. My worry now is that if I'm not losing on the liquid diet , what will happen when I start to eat?

Yes some of us have had amazing weight loss but it wasn't easy. It was a long difficult road. I literally and figuratively worked my ass off. You've lost 6 pounds in 11 days. During the same period, I lost about 15 but lets put that in perspective...I had a starting weight of 135 pounds more than you. I had so much more to lose. My 15 was about 4% of my total weight. Your 6 pounds is about 3% of your total weight. So really, you're doing very well. Just keep following the process, relax and enjoy the journey. It really is amazing!

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience with me. I think once I get the first 20 off, I'll feel a little better!

At my 1 week post op appointment I had lost 8.5 lbs. I was hoping(like I'm sure everyone does) that I'd be that person that lost 30 lbs my first few weeks! Then I even gained a few lbs and platued for a couple weeks... Noe I'm finally losing again. I'm down 20 lbs since surgery at 6 weeks post op. Like everyone else said, focus on healing. The weight will come off.

I am 10 days post-op too. I refuse to weigh myself, anyone else like that? I figure I'll find out my weight when I go in for 2 week visit with doctor. I was bummed at first post-op visit since I lost nothing since pre-op appt.......I too was only on 3 days pre-op liquids; I don't think I would have survived 2 weeks! But maybe that helps you lose fast & keep you motivated?