Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food addiction quiz

food addict and I suspect many of you are too. Find out by taking the quiz and be honest.

Only thing is.........with the band I cannot overeat. So I have begun to learn new habits and have become less and less addictive.

SisterSue: If I were to answer everything from my eating habits before,,, I would have blown the roof of ! 5 years later, I know longer eat that way, so I am at a Moderate Level for a food Addict.

But Yes ! I am a food Addict.

Under Control......:D

Shirley.

i scored high and i knew i would w/o even taking the quiz..i am looking forward to being banded to help me out with it..food addiction isnt like any other addiction b/c you cant just quit food like u can drugs

That is so,,,, True !

Try to keep a Addiction under control, when you just keep feeding it...

I came up as strong indications of a food addict. I wasn't sure how to answer a lot of the questions. My story is I am pretty much maintaining a 100 pound loss. However, my eating is irratic. I restrict myself very much on some days, go overboard on eating other days. I am currently a little above the range I want to stay in.

You might want to look into a FAA or an OA group if you are having trouble keeping your eating stable. I looked at the FAA food plan and it fits pretty good with what I already eat when I eat right. Having been a drug addict I know that have to just avoid the things that trigger me, starches, and wheat. I look forward to overcoming this addiction.

Yep! It's kinda scarey when you see it all written down.

If I had taken this quiz pre band I would have been off the charts! Even post band I'm still high risk :(

If I had taken this quiz pre band I would have been off the charts! Even post band I'm still high risk :(

Me too. No point taking a test to tell me what I already know.

So, I took the quiz two times. one with my responses from pre-banding, and one with my honest responses 4 months post band. I guess I'm on the right track. I went from being high to moderate. Still a food addict, probably always will be, I just cannot eat the way I used to. It's not possible now, but I guess its the same with other addictions, once an addict, always an addict.

yuck 14 out of 15 yes

good thing i got the band...wonder if i take it again in a few months will i pass?

I took the quiz twice. Pre band answers had me at moderate, post band has me at some concern. It is SO nice to not be as focused on food as I was pre-band!

Joan

I came up as strong indications of a food addict. I wasn't sure how to answer a lot of the questions. My story is I am pretty much maintaining a 100 pound loss. However, my eating is irratic. I restrict myself very much on some days, go overboard on eating other days. I am currently a little above the range I want to stay in.

Same here. I can't find that happy medium.