Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling "FULL" after getting LapBand

Dear Amber, What you are describing sounds like head hunger where you really want food but you are not physically hungry. We all have that and have to deal with it. If you are truly physically hungry you will eat anything like an apple. Head hunger means you want fries and even though the apple is right in front of you you will drive somewhere to get the fries.

That being said, yes, I am hungry much less but I still want to eat when I am not physically hungry and sometimes I give in and do it...but my band is nice and snug and only lets me eat a tiny amount of food and then I feel full and I am over it.

An hour after dinner I might want to eat pizza and back in the day could probably eaten a whole one...but now if I give in to the pizza head hunger I can barely eat a whole slice...

Good LUck!

Ah the "feed me!" voice. It's still there the band just helps me ignore it most of the time. If your surgeon does not require behavior modification sessions with a psychologist; get a referral to one. I went to 3 group sessions and they were much more helpful than I expected. These sessions helped me with the WHY of my overeating and food habits.

It took me 6 months to get restriction so during that time it was all about will power. Measuring the food and when it was gone I was done eating. Now that I have restriction I still feel physical hunger; normally 4.5-5 hours after eating. That being said I normally don't get dinner until 7-8 hours after lunch. Due to my commute (1 hour) and going to the gym after work I don't have dinner until after 8:00. I have a 160 cal. Protein shake as a prework out snack.

Prebanding I never would have been able to go that long without eating.

There are times mid afternoon where the inner "I'm hungry voice" starts up. I know I am not hungry. Really I'm bored. With the band I have a satisfied feeling and that helps me ward off the request for more food.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches