Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Year Bandiversary!

I was banded one year ago today (9/7/10) by Dr Dan Lane in Mobile, AL. What a year it has been! I have lost 75lbs so far and feel great!

I went from a size 22 to a 16.

My best friend and I are sharing clothes again!

I went a 2X uniform pant to a L.

I went from a 44DD bra to a 38DD.

I am in counseling now to make sure my "ED" doesn't come between me and long term success.

I can buckle my seatbelt on plane without asking for an extender (there is actually a little tail left over now!)

I go to the gym 4x a week!

I discovered Zumba! I LOVE IT! I am considering becoming an instructor :)

I am in ONDERLAND!

My BP is down, but not enough to get me off the meds yet :/

The weight is slow to come off right now. I can go weeks without the scale changing :(

I miss eating some things I used to take for granted like bread and Pasta :(

What a year! Here's looking to future success and meeting my goal before next September!

Good luck, everyone!

That's great, Kim. Congrats on your successes!

Congrats ! I just had my 1 year anniversary on August 20, 2011... I've gone from a size 26 to a size 14/16... I'm not sure how much I've lost... I stopped counting after about 85 lbs because to me, it's more important how I feel and how my clothing fits than that number on the scale. I am trying not to get too caught up in just that one number because I think it can be discouraging if it's not what I think it should be.

I love Zumba too ! I was going regularly until I had to have a hysterectomy a few months ago. I am about ready to start back into my regular exercise routine, because I really miss it !! My daughter is getting married October 1st, and we've been swamped with wedding planning details, but I'm hoping to get more into a regular routine following that.

All I can say is that bottom line, lap bad was the best thing I've ever done for myself! In an entire year, I have only thrown up one time, and that was because of my gall bladder!

I was banded one year ago today (9/7/10) by Dr Dan Lane in Mobile, AL. What a year it has been! I have lost 75lbs so far and feel great!

I am in counseling now to make sure my "ED" doesn't come between me and long term success.

I can buckle my seatbelt on plane without asking for an extender (there is actually a little tail left over now!)

I am in ONDERLAND!

The weight is slow to come off right now. I can go weeks without the scale changing :(

What a year! Here's looking to future success and meeting my goal before next September!

Good luck, everyone!

WOW.... great job!

Congrats ! I just had my 1 year anniversary on August 20, 2011... I've gone from a size 26 to a size 14/16... I'm not sure how much I've lost... I stopped counting after about 85 lbs because to me, it's more important how I feel and how my clothing fits than that number on the scale. I am trying not to get too caught up in just that one number because I think it can be discouraging if it's not what I think it should be.

I love Zumba too ! I was going regularly until I had to have a hysterectomy a few months ago. I am about ready to start back into my regular exercise routine, because I really miss it !! My daughter is getting married October 1st, and we've been swamped with wedding planning details, but I'm hoping to get more into a regular routine following that.

All I can say is that bottom line, lap bad was the best thing I've ever done for myself! In an entire year, I have only thrown up one time, and that was because of my gall bladder

Congrats to you too! You will look great in the wedding pics!

I am in ONDERLAND!

Good luck, everyone!

Congrats to you and your Bandaversery! I have not stopped my blood pressure pill either, but am down from 20 to 5.

You can do this goal, it takes the "won't" power that we all have to contend with. I always call it won't power instead of will power, as in I won't eat what I am not supposed to eat! Good luck, Karen