Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what's happening

I had a fill about 3-4 weeks ago an my doctor told me to be careful cuz i was really tight. well i did the 3 days liquids and resumed eating as normal. i did notice better restriction and staying satiated longer, but now for the past 3 days i'm having trouble getting down meats. I get stuck/slime and had to force myself to throw up to get relief once. I've heard that sometimes it can take a few weeks to feel the real effects of a fill. do you guys think this is what i'm dealing with?

Has this happended to anyone else?

This happened to me too a couple of weeks ago. It started like that, then got to the point that I couldn't keep anything down at all, including Soup. I had to go in and get an unfill, and he took 1cc out. I had to go through a lot of testing to make sure my band was okay from as many times as I got sick. I'd call your doctor. Good luck.

Yes, call NOW!!!! It is a Holiday weekend and if you end up in the ER they will empty you completely!!! This way they may just take out a little bit!!!

Mimi

jennifer1 - go get a slight unfill. Whatever you had put in, have half of it taken out. Ideally under fluroscopy. And ask for a barium swallow at the same time so you can be sure your band is still in the right spot (and hasn't slipped) and that Fluid is going through okay.

A Dr should never say "you're really tight" and let you leave the office.

You should always be able to eat 1 cup of food and at least a few bites of solid Protein (Beans, meat, tofu, whatever).

I had a fill about 3-4 weeks ago an my doctor told me to be careful cuz i was really tight. well i did the 3 days liquids and resumed eating as normal. i did notice better restriction and staying satiated longer, but now for the past 3 days i'm having trouble getting down meats. I get stuck/slime and had to force myself to throw up to get relief once. I've heard that sometimes it can take a few weeks to feel the real effects of a fill. do you guys think this is what i'm dealing with?

Has this happended to anyone else?

What type of meat are you eating and are your portions iddy biddy and you are chew chew chewing then

chewing some more??

I can no longer enjoy a strip steak because it is too dense...but my new best friend is a tenderloin...yes

more expensive but not really when I have the butcher cut me a 6oz piece and can usually make 2 meals

out of it!!

Moist meat is usually our friend...no more dry rubbery chicken for me....you might revisit the types of meats

you are eating....hope this helps!

What type of meat are you eating and are your portions iddy biddy and you are chew chew chewing then

chewing some more??

I can no longer enjoy a strip steak because it is too dense...but my new best friend is a tenderloin...yes

more expensive but not really when I have the butcher cut me a 6oz piece and can usually make 2 meals

out of it!!

Moist meat is usually our friend...no more dry rubbery chicken for me....you might revisit the types of meats

you are eating....hope this helps!

I agree with you, Newbie. I haven't had a fill yet - and it has been three months since I was first banded. If I eat chicken, I have to put something with it - like tomatoes so that it does not get hung. Slime is no good :blink: I'm not really a red meat eater, so I get my Protein through Protein Drinks, tuna (also have to make it less dry), or other kinds of fish, and chicken.