Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calcium supplement

I bought all my supplements that are required for lapband patients. For the Calcium I bought the Viactiv carmel chews. I am to take 3-4 chews a day, so I opened the pack and took one and was surprised at how good it tasted. So something told be to check the nutritional facts................OMG one chew is 20 calories, that 60-80 calories for a supplement. After I finish this big pack I am going to try the pills if my surgeon allow me too. Also was anyone recommended to take b-12, are you taken them?

I think you will find that that 60-80 calories won't affect your daily calorie intake.

I take the calcium chews as well. Not viactiv, but the store brand. I take 3 a day and I do not add them to my calories. It hasn't hurt me yet.

I noticed today(after already taken the entire huge bottle) that my chewable Multivitamins are 50 calories each and I'm suppose to take 4! Holy crap! That's 200 calories. I'll definitely be looking for a different one now.

You should be fine with Calcium pills, even the longer ones can be broken in half. I use those or Citracal petites.

As for B-12, you'll likely need it for the rest of your life (mostly because you won't be able to eat the same amount of animal products you could before and B12 is only in animal products).

You can get a B-Combo that should have enough, or a sublingual B12 (usually in cherry or raspberry flavor that you dissolve under your tongue) - pleasant enough and they usually dissolve in less than 20 seconds. I use mine as a little sweet treat before bed.

You should also be taking Vitamin D and a Multivitamin if you aren't already.

My muti vitimain is only 15 calories for the 2 and my caclium is caltrate which is 15 calories and then I also bought kroger store brand and they are 20 per chew wow.

I also take B12, c, d3, and botin