Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction is on and off

Hi everyone! I couldn't find anything related to this issue that I've been having, so here goes:

I'm down 74 pounds, and recently I have found myself eating more than usual, so I went and got a fill. I followed everything the Dr. has been telling me, but now I've noticed that I have restriction intermittently. For example, I have my Breakfast and feel full without over-eating (I actually eat less than my meal plan requires), and then I have the leftovers of my breakfast for a snack. lunch comes around and the same thing; I'll eat my Protein and that's it. Snack comes around and I eat my fruit & vegetable, but today I had a little bit of granola. Well, it sparked a HUGE hunger in me, and I was able to eat 5-6 servings of it. Is my band loose? Is it just the granola that must be a trigger food? How was I able to eat so much of it?

Any feedback will be extremely appreciated, I am a bit nervous and confused, and hope that my band hasn't slipped.

-Nina

It was really weird, it was like I was "shoveling" the granola in my mouth like I would die if I didn't eat as much of it as possible. HELP!

It just sounds like carbs begets carb cravings and no your band didn't slip....the granola must be one of your slider foods. If going overboard happens again, just don't bring it into your life.....I can sympathize and tell you I have similar issues...I can't have any carbs in the house or I eat them all in one evening. Congratulations on your magnificent wt loss!!!

Best wishes,

Mimi

Thanks so much for your response Mimi, I really appreciate it. I have the same issue with carbs so I stay away, but figured that granola has more Fiber so it would be OK. Apparently not! I threw out the rest of it and will stay clear away from it from now on. Thanks again!

P.S. My band definitely did not slip, because when I went home to have dinner I had the same restriction that I usually do. =)

Granola is a big problem for me. Early on before restriction I would by chocolate bare naked granola and eat like half the bag in one setting. Had to stop buying it all together. I can't keep carbs in my house. To much of temptation. Also in general I find dry Cereal to be a slider.

All cereal is a trigger food for me, I completely understand this phenomenon. I think that it's exactly what it is for you.