Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

one week post surgery

Sorry about the late reply but my computer is sicker than I was, then because of the hurricane my friend couldn’t fix it yet so I had to wait till I got back to work

The surgery went well (at least that’s what the pax said never did see the surgeon after)

I have five little heart shaped bandages four across my stomach and one between my breasts directly above my belly button. Was at nyu by 6:30AM in the operation room by 9am and walking the floors by 1pm didn’t get home till 8pm as I had to wait for my friend to finish work to release me

The pain level was about a four after surgery (took some pain meds in the recovery room but honestly could have dealt with it. They gave me liquid codine for the pain and after the first day only took it at night as it hurts when I lay down a certain way.

Up till the time they placed the oxygen mask over my face I was thinking about changing my mind

The surgeon was kind of flip when I saw here before surgery (asked what was I scared ig the pain- we will give you meds waking up during the operations – hadn’t even though of that

I told her honestly I was afraid of what would happen next..she kind of blew me off said I was courageous but had nothing to worry about. The idea of the breathing tube freaked me put and I told them

They said I would feel it coming out but didn’t..throat and next was sore for a while

But the worst pain is the gas…much worse than a colonoscopy. Pain in the left side next chest till today that goes away when I pass gas….pooped my pants twice (thu at the moving and Sunday in my own bed) not sure if it’s the liquid diet, surgery after effects or my normal stuff

Am kind of annoyed that she was too important to see me after surgery.

It is feeling better each day but still not normal coming back to work in the city

Commute was messed up and since I work for an airline it’s nuts today

Thanks for the good thoughs…glad I did it…so far I have lost 10 pounds since the start of the liquid diet

Another week of only liquids (as only eating 800 calories) then next Monday get soft food…at first I was counting down every hour now it’s ok…one more week of ensure is ok wight this moring 220

congrats on a successful surgery. sounds like you are doing fine. I know the gas is awful, probaly the worst part of recovering. i took the mylanta chewables every 4 hours and it helped alot. i am a respiratory therapist so a tube being down my throat, i was not thrilled about, but know they have to do it. you are still out of it when they remove it so you won't remember anything. i ripped my oxygen off in recovery, told the nurses to get that effing thing off me. LOL! i refused to put the mask on my face, just held it next to my face. LOL! i am a bad patient.

the first 2 weeks are hard, so when you get on the mushy stage you will feel so much better to have something other than liquids.

good luck to you.