Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GETTING MY BAND THIS WEEK!

WELL THE WEEK HAS ARRIVED! MY BAND DATE WILL BE WED AUGUST 31ST. IM JUST WAITING TO GET MY PHONE CALL THAT ADVISES MY SURGERY TIME FOR WED. ID LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME GET THIS JOURNEY IN MY LIFE OFF TO A SMOOTH START! SO MUCH INFORMATION HAS BEEN OBATAINED FROM THIS CITE. ALL THE SUPPORT AND VALUABLE INFORMATION IS SOOO APPRECIATED. IT IS AN AMAZING FEELING THAT IVE BEEN ABLE TO GAIN COMFORT IN DISCUSSING MY JOURNEY THANKS TO THIS FORUM! I FOUND IT HARD TO DISCUSS BUT IM NOW FIND IT EASIER TO TALK ABOUT! THERES NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED ABOUT!! THERE SHOULD BE NO SHAME THAT WE WANT HAPPY AND HEALTHIER LIVES! HERES TO A QUICK AND SMOOTH RECOVERY TO ALL OF US!! WISH ME LUCK!!! :P

Congratulations and wishing you a speedy recovery and sening you well wishes. You are right that none of us should be ashamed for trying to get healthy and to starting over. I have been fortunate in no one that i have told about it has been negative. In fact they have all been extremely postive and ask questions about it instead of being negative to me. I have heard so many people talk about them getting reemed by others who do not understand anything about the band or have never been overweight. People have a right to be healthy and happy and a part of me felt so bad when i was approved for the surgery and my insurance paid for it all that so many people out there desperately need it and can't get it or afford it.

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday. Keep us posted on your progress.

Congratulations. I am going in tomorrow morning. I am so supper excited. Trying to pass the time and its not going by very fast. Going to have to take a sleeping pill tonight, cause I know if I dont I will not sleep at all. I am going to go to bed early read by book and hope to fall asleep early. I have to be at the hospital by 630 am and I live a little over an hour away from there.

I pray all goes well with your sugery and post op diet.

Congratulations. I am going in tomorrow morning. I am so supper excited. Trying to pass the time and its not going by very fast. Going to have to take a sleeping pill tonight, cause I know if I dont I will not sleep at all. I am going to go to bed early read by book and hope to fall asleep early. I have to be at the hospital by 630 am and I live a little over an hour away from there.

I pray all goes well with your sugery and post op diet.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS! THEY ARE SO APPRECIATE!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR JOURNEY! I HOPE TOMORROW IS AN AMAZING DAY FOR YOU! ILL HAVE TO ADD YOU SO WE CAN SHARE OUR DAY APART EXPERIENCE TOGETHER! I GET MY CALL FROM THE SURGEON TO GET MY SURGERY TIME! I WORK TILL 6AM ON WEDNESDAY (MY SURGERY DATE) SO I HAD TO ASK FOR A LATER SURGERY TIME TO GET OUT THERE! I TOO HAVE TO DRIVE OVER AN HOUR TO GET OUT THERE! HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THE DRIVES FOR FOLLOW UPS AND FILLS? IM DREADING THAT BUT WILL DEAL WITH IT! GET YOUR REST AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU! KEEP ME POSTED!!!!

Everything went great. They did repair my hitial hernia. So far the heart burn is gone. I am so glad. I am sore right above my belly button which is wehre they put the port. So that is to be expected. The other insistion doesnt hurt at all. I've ate a yougurt and drank my Protein Shake, but thats it other than my gatorade. I am accually scared to eat, lol. I go back on next Wednesday for my 1 week check up. I have had some gas, and can feel it sitting on my stomach and it wont come out a lot of times which hurts. Other than that I am doing very good.

The one advice I can give is take all your vitiamns and make sure you get all your Protein in. I have a friend that didnt and she is a B12 shot once a week and blood transfustions every 3 months.