Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did everyone wait post banding to have there sip of alcohol?

I was banded December 9, 2010 and havent yet had my sip! I figure I will when I reach my goal. Until then, I don't need it or feel like I'm missing anything so far.

My favorite aunt passed away 3 weeks after my surgery. I had to travel to another state for her funeral. I sat by the hotel pool and drank a bottle of wine with my cousin. My daughter questioned whether I should be drinking. I said, "I'm on a liquid diet. Wine's liquid!" Other than getting tipsy awfully quickly having not eaten in 3 weeks, I was fine.

I had a glass of wine 3 weeks after surgery but didn't try anything harder until I was almost 2 months out. Thing to remember alcohol can pack a lot of calories on. If it is is moderation it's ok to occasionally treat yourself but try not to go overboard. Start slowly and see where your tolerances are limited as well. Alcohol will affect you differently once you are banded although not as much as if you had the bypass or sleeve.

I'm almost a month out and had a margarita last night. I will say, I was heavily tipsy half way through the drink. My husband called me a cheap date :-)

My surgeon requires a waiting period of 6 months before drinking alcohol. I will probably follow his direction. It's not something that I will really miss.

Considering I hate the taste of alcohol, I'm 8 months out and haven't had a drink. But I guess that doesn't help you much...lol

Thanks everyone. I'm only 10 days out of surgery and don't plan on having a drink anytime soon. My doctor also states I should wait 6 months post surgery, however, I was wondering if others waited the actually 6 months or if there doctor's told them something different. I'm not sure if I will be able to wait the full 6 months.B)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches