Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill History for 9.5cc band

hey there mate, i am from england (ipswich ) living in the u.s and also have a non f.d.a. approved band . having real problems with fills here in the u.s and i am having to go to mexico for one, but let me ask ya how much are fills at home ?? and is it still really new there , mum told me that ann diamond got one done and she was on that biggest loser show and hadn't lost !! i was thinking it might be worth me going home next time and getting my next one at home on a amily visit !!

I was band ed 1/7/06, I have american Inamed Band 11 cm/9-10cc capacity. :clap2: I had my first fill today Dr. Jones placed in 3cc. I was able to drink Water but he listened and it was running through really slow, so we will see what kinda of restriction I get.:mad:

I have Inamed 10 cm band Is that Vanguard? I do not understand all the different sizes. Why are there so many? Who gets 9 or 10? Thanks with any info Margie

Hi there,

I'm not sure what type of band I have (I'll ask my DR next visit in May)but I know it goes up to 10cc. I had my surgery in January 2005 and had 4 fills till now. I have a total of 6cc and feel no restriction at all... very frustrating because even though I try to eat properly (good food) I know I'm eating HUGE amounts, so much more than I am supposed to do...:phanvan

My Doctors says it is better to go step by step and he fills little quantity at a time; and then I have to wait several months till I get to see him on a next visit and in the meantime my weight stays the same! :)

niki

Niki---I guess they do have to fill them up gradually. Then of course

the bigger band you have the more Fluid it will take. I did just hear

this week though that the bigger the band the less likely your chance

of slippage so that was good news for me. Of course reaching that magic

fill again could take me a while I'm thinking!! HA!! I have an 11 cc

band and have 8.8 in there now so maybe I am getting close, My dr

doesn't make me wait for another fill thank goodness but I've heard of many

that do. Good luck to you and maybe me and you both will be there

soon!! Misti

Well all, I went back into the docs today. He gave me 5 cc's last thursday and I still felt nothing. He put in 3 more today and I could'nt even get my Water down! It felt like it was sitting in my throat! We ended up with adding just 2 cc's instead and boy can I feel it now!!! I'm so excited!

By the way Niki, Just my two cents worth, but I would tell your doc that you want a proper adjustment because you paid for this procedure and it's not doing you any good to wait a few months in between and not lose any weight! It kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me. The band is supposed to help you. Think of the weight you could be losing if you had the proper restriction? Especially if you have to pay like I do every time you get a fill. You went to the trouble to get this done, now ask your doc to do his part.

I'm not trying to sound as harsh as this is coming across. I am just a firm believer in getting what you deserve and sometimes I don't think docs like to listen to what their patients are trying to tell them.

I hope I don't offend you with this. I'm not trying to. :couch2:

Kim

Kim,

I couldn't agree with you more. I think the docs where I go are to conservative with fills. If this was a RNY thing the deed would be done.

There wouldn't be fills just an opening the size of a straw. My doc filled me to 4cc the first time and 6cc the second time in my VG band and it was a week last night and I tried to eat baked chicken and don't know if things "kicked in" a week later as some say, or it was to dry, or I didn't chew it well enough. I felt pain and it didn't want to go down. The dogs got the rest. YUM YUM for them! I wasn't upset, just happy to feel full and some pain that maybe things are working FINALLY!!!!:clap2:

Niki...

How long have you had the 6cc fill?

I felt things different last night a week later. I don't under stand the concept of feeling things a week later, but thats what I felt.:couch2:

Well thanks everyone for your input, I guess we are always learning right!

Schel

i have a 4cc band. my first fill was 1cc. i felt occasional restriction, but could eat about anything i wanted if i ate it slow.

went in for my second fill the beginning of the month (.7cc) wow, what a difference. it has changed my eating habits completely. the fill, in my opinion, is the key to this whole business : )

Hi there

Misti - you're right, my dr is also the type of doctor that likes to take his time and he keeps telling me to be patient because results, as far as loosing weight is concerned, will be so much better if we do things slowly... but I guess this is far too slowly... I'm not getting quite there I guess still have to keep on hoping to feel more restriction next fill, as nothing much is happening with these 6cc I have right now.

Kim - thanks for your input! I'm always open to other's sugestions. Actually, I'm not paying for these fills (I've done 4 till now).

Last fill I had was on 1/19 but I only felt the restriction during first couple of days. Now I don't feel restricted at all...

It's really strange how fills kick in differently from one person to the other. I guess we all have different ways to react.

maybe if next time my Dr gets me to 7cc I'll feel it differently.I'll let you know.

Thank you all,

niki