Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating like a vacuum cleaner!

I've been noticing that about a week before my period, I get ravenously hungry. I can pretty much eat the way I did before I was banded. It's horrible. I know I shouldn't get a fill just to deal with this problem because it doesn't happen all the time and I don't want to be too tight, but I feel like I'm undoing all my hard work during PMS time.

Anyone else have this problem? How do you deal with it?

Nobody? Just me?

I have that problem too. I haven't figured out how to deal with it jus tyet. so far I have only given in and eaten things I shouldn't. Hope someone will provide us some good tips for dealing with this. :(

I've been noticing that about a week before my period, I get ravenously hungry. I can pretty much eat the way I did before I was banded. It's horrible. I know I shouldn't get a fill just to deal with this problem because it doesn't happen all the time and I don't want to be too tight, but I feel like I'm undoing all my hard work during PMS time.

Anyone else have this problem? How do you deal with it?

oh im right there with ya ~~ here is a link toa post i posted about it

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/134395-pms/page__p__1649116__fromsearch__1#entry1649116

I hear ya...I can always tell when it is "that time" as I feel like I need a chocolate IV to keep my sanity! :blink: When I am being good I try to stick to fat free fudcicles and pudding...so I feel like I am still getting that craving fulfilled...but other times I do give in and eat whatever isn't nailed down. It's a bummer, for sure! I don't know if there is a surefire fix for that one....other than willpower..... :(

Kim

blue corn chips and provolone cheese, ya thats after my dinner !!! PMS is stronger then the band, and me lol :angry:

Oh. I HATE that!! Last month, I kept eating muffins. costco muffins. Roughly 800 calories each. They're in my freezer as leftovers from a baby shower brunch I hosted; mostly I ignore them. But not when I had PMS. *sigh*

Oh. I HATE that!! Last month, I kept eating muffins. costco muffins. Roughly 800 calories each. They're in my freezer as leftovers from a baby shower brunch I hosted; mostly I ignore them. But not when I had PMS. *sigh*

Thats funny =) man i do understand, thats me this week, the tired and the feedbag =)

I just had another adjustment and I asked the PA what I could do about the PMS issue. Since I crave salt like crazy, she suggested eating pickles since they're lower in calories. Dark chocolate is good for the chocolate cravings, but it should be at least 70% cocoa. Other than that, lock up the Cookies and ride it out. I hate PMS!!

My hubby went to the store and got all kinds of crap junk for the kiddos....ding dongs, honey Buns, zebra cakes.....grrrrrr I cannot turn down a ding dong!!! So I am not having fun with PMS and hubby right now!!

Damn you ding dongs!!!

You too, PMS!!!!

This is only my second TOM since being banded but boy has this one been rough. I am not due until Monday but I hope it comes sooner. I have gained 3 lbs that I don't deserve and am desperately trying to substitute carrot sticks for cheetos! Ugh!

I feel like I could eat a horse and I'm hungry constantly the past 2 days. Hopefully it is just TOM and my band will return to normal with good restriction (I had a fill during surgery and it has been great) by next week.

Not sure I can hold out with the kids 100 calorie school Snacks on top of the fridge alongside the box (yes box!!!) of chocolate bars our neighbour brought over from the Mars factory the other day. lovechoc.gifban.gif