Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had posted a few days ago asking about last minute change of heart. As a nurse I tell my patients to stay off the internet & just follow your Dr's orders. I had a hiatal hernia repair wit the banding procedure. I had read & heard all the horror stories that can happen during the surgery & post-op. I can happily say I am one of the very lucky ones. I had a little gas yesterday but none today, I slept in my bed & on my side, no nausea. I'm a little sore in the abdomen area & that's to be expected. I was really expecting the worse, I've always been a pessimist but this has truly surprised me. To all of you that hasn't been banded please don't let the worry & anxiety get the best of you. As so many have said they wish they had done it sooner, so did I. What I din't expect was that I went under hungry & woke up hungry. After I got home I had some broth & that was enough for me.I live in Jacksonville, Fl & Dr Baptista did my surgery, he & his staff are so caring. I had researched banding & Dr's for over a year, so I felt I made the correct decision. When I got pregnant for the first time 35 yrs ago I was scared to death because any woman you meet always has her own story. Since I have worked L&D for many years I can honestly say that probably 99% of deliveries are textbook with little or no problems. So, this is what I held onto. The easiest surgery I ever had. I went in @ 7:30 & was home by 2:00. So to all of you that haven't had the surgery just go through with it. I truly think the hardest was the pre op preparation of 2 days with Clear Liquids. Kathy

Good for you! I had a Hiatal Hernia with my surgery as well. 6/17/2011. I can honestly say that the worst part was the gas. I had it for about 2-3 days after I went home. The hernia repair was probably what hurt the most. I am very happy I did it. I feel great and look forward to my lifelong journey. Good luck to you.

Thanks for letting me know your feelings, like you I'm a nurse and have been considering backing out. Although, I know that I really need this surgery. I'm staying positive, right now I'm doing my 6 mth supervised diet but trying not too lose too much weight so far I've lost 10 lbs and gained 3 back. I have a window of 12 lbs or my insurance want pay so trying to lose 2lbs a mth. The Protein shakes have worked very well and not as hungry. Since I've lost 10lbs in one week with the Protein shakes, I'm thinking I will do really well with the lapband. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey. Thanks again.

I had posted a few days ago asking about last minute change of heart. As a nurse I tell my patients to stay off the internet & just follow your Dr's orders. I had a hiatal hernia repair wit the banding procedure. I had read & heard all the horror stories that can happen during the surgery & post-op. I can happily say I am one of the very lucky ones. I had a little gas yesterday but none today, I slept in my bed & on my side, no nausea. I'm a little sore in the abdomen area & that's to be expected. I was really expecting the worse, I've always been a pessimist but this has truly surprised me. To all of you that hasn't been banded please don't let the worry & anxiety get the best of you. As so many have said they wish they had done it sooner, so did I. What I din't expect was that I went under hungry & woke up hungry. After I got home I had some broth & that was enough for me.I live in Jacksonville, Fl & Dr Baptista did my surgery, he & his staff are so caring. I had researched banding & Dr's for over a year, so I felt I made the correct decision. When I got pregnant for the first time 35 yrs ago I was scared to death because any woman you meet always has her own story. Since I have worked L&D for many years I can honestly say that probably 99% of deliveries are textbook with little or no problems. So, this is what I held onto. The easiest surgery I ever had. I went in @ 7:30 & was home by 2:00. So to all of you that haven't had the surgery just go through with it. I truly think the hardest was the pre op preparation of 2 days with clear liquids. Kathy

So glad u did not back out. I think the degree of tecovery has alot to do with how fit u r too. Everyones body reacts and heals differently so I'm glad it wasn't as awful as u thpught it could have been. Good luck from here out and keep in touch here. *Smile*

Glad you decided to do it.....

Welcome to BANDLAND !

Hello to all this my first time on anything like this, my name is max and I'm getting banded on sept. 7. Can anyone give me any suggest on this 2 week pre op diet.

I had posted a few days ago asking about last minute change of heart. As a nurse I tell my patients to stay off the internet & just follow your Dr's orders. I had a hiatal hernia repair wit the banding procedure. I had read & heard all the horror stories that can happen during the surgery & post-op. I can happily say I am one of the very lucky ones. I had a little gas yesterday but none today, I slept in my bed & on my side, no nausea. I'm a little sore in the abdomen area & that's to be expected. I was really expecting the worse, I've always been a pessimist but this has truly surprised me. To all of you that hasn't been banded please don't let the worry & anxiety get the best of you. As so many have said they wish they had done it sooner, so did I. What I din't expect was that I went under hungry & woke up hungry. After I got home I had some broth & that was enough for me.I live in Jacksonville, Fl & Dr Baptista did my surgery, he & his staff are so caring. I had researched banding & Dr's for over a year, so I felt I made the correct decision. When I got pregnant for the first time 35 yrs ago I was scared to death because any woman you meet always has her own story. Since I have worked L&D for many years I can honestly say that probably 99% of deliveries are textbook with little or no problems. So, this is what I held onto. The easiest surgery I ever had. I went in @ 7:30 & was home by 2:00. So to all of you that haven't had the surgery just go through with it. I truly think the hardest was the pre op preparation of 2 days with clear liquids. Kathy

CONGRATS!! IM SO GLAD YOU WENT THROUGH WITH IT! NOW IF ONLY I CAN TAKE MY OWN ADVISE! LOL IM SCHEDULED FOR BANDING ON AUGUST 31ST, AND I CAN FEEL THE ANXIETY COMING ALONG WITH THE DATE! IM HOPING THE FEW DAYS OFF THAT I HAVE WILL BE ENOUGH. BESIDES THAT, IM PRAYING I GET THROUGH THE NEXT FEW DAYS QUICK AND SMOOTHLY! (HAPPY AND HEALTHY THOUGHTS ONLY!!)

DG