Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in Feb. 2011 and things have gone well until recently. I've had three fills up to 6.5 right now. Although I had minor stuck issues they would go away within a minute or two. Recently I've had two episodes one with rice the other with a tortilla where both got stuck and it was extremely painful and wouldn't go away. I pb'ed slimed etc.. and the pain just wouldn't go away so both times I forced myself to vomit Huge relief from the pain. I know this is wrong but I took small bites so I'm confused why I got stuck. I hope I didn't do any damage but I couldn't handle the pain anymore. Fyi I'm down 50 lbs I haven't gained but I have stayed at the same weight mainly due to my summer vacations but now that schools back in I'll start losing again I'm sure.

Rice and doughy foods are a problem for a lot of bandsters. It is because they can form a plug in your band so it has nothing to do with how much you chew. Generally wholemeal or seeded bread is easier to eat than white and toasting often helps too. When you are eating rice don't eat it on its own, mix it with other foods. E.g eat meat and rice together as this way it is less likely to form that annoying plug.

If you try this and you still have problems then you might be one of those people that can't tolerate these foods.

Good advise. I'd be so scared after an experience like that, I hope I'd have the incetive to avoid rice and tortillas! Good luck to you. I know how hard it is to avoid something you love!

funny thing is I had spanish rice and a quesadilla last week with no isses, but when I ate egg fried rice on it's own Wowzer it was pain full. Then yesterday I took a bite of a burrito while driving and ouch.. It became so painful I pulled off the free pulled to a side street and puked. Though all was good took a drink of ice tea and Yikes had to pull over again.

White foods are generally not tolerated by the Band!

We were told in class we were never to eat while driving again.

Those are danger foods. If they make you stuck, the answer is really simple...don't eat them. I had baby carrots one day and the next day I was stuck on the first bite. Danger foods are different for everyone. Just remember that every time you vomit, you run the risk of a problem with the band. My carrot is not worth 13K to me.

Those are danger foods. If they make you stuck, the answer is really simple...don't eat them. I had baby carrots one day and the next day I was stuck on the first bite. Danger foods are different for everyone. Just remember that every time you vomit, you run the risk of a problem with the band. My carrot is not worth 13K to me.

today was small bites small bites small bites,,, seems like my band is getting tighter no matter what I eat I was fine the first two weeks after the fill but seems tighter now..

today was small bites small bites small bites,,, seems like my band is getting tighter no matter what I eat I was fine the first two weeks after the fill but seems tighter now..

I just have a question. What did you eat today? I ask because you said you are tighter after your fill, and everyday you seem to be having problems. I like many banders have a VERY hard time with rice and grains. I do not eat Pasta, and sometimes I eat rice, but it has to be loaded with something...broth, sauce etc. I have a very hard time with potatoes which aren't mashed also, tortillas are a DEFINATE no for me, and bread is a very once in a while treat (and more than not..I get stuck on it, so I have learned to stay away from it. LET ME SAY IN MY EXPERIENCE THOUGH, :) things that were once easy to eat change so very much after a fill. I have the same amount in my band and seem to be a lot looser than a few weeks ago. But, I am also sticking to the foods that I know give me no problems. Dry meat no matter how small the pieces, gets stuck every time. Beans even sometimes give me a hard time. It is a trial and error thing, I think, for everyone. Let us know how it is going. And if you think that something might be a little amiss since your last fill, go back and have them take a smidge out (or even just check it) :)

Good Luck!

K

I'm gonna wait for now ,but I'm eating mostly the same foods as before just slower. I had shredded BBQ ckn last night and mashed potatoes last night now issues at all and some corn. Today I snacked on some sunflower seeds (no shell) and felt a little bit got close guess I ate too many at once. Also I had some beef Jerky today no issues however, yesterday no matter how small the bite was it would go down slowww.. I'm not hungry so atleast that's a good thing and I'm getting my Protein maybe the weight will start coming off faster...