Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I was banded on 8/12. Swelling has gone down, incisions are healing nicely, and I feel nearly back to normal.

On the liquids phase, I was very hungry between meals, but I adhered to the stict instructions during this phase.

Now that I have graduated to mushies, I am finding that the small portions are satisfying my hunger for 3 - 4 hours. In about 5 days, I can begin stage 4 - soft foods.

I feel so good though that I started introducing some of the stage 4 foods in very limited quantities into my current diet with mostly mushy foods. Last night I tried this for the first time and had some tender Cod. I chewed extremely well and took it slow. I had no ill effects and feel awesome!

Maybe it's too early to tell, but I am afraid that a fill might change all of this and I'll start experiencing some of the negative aspects of the band that I have read about.

I guess this can happen at any stage in the process between fills when you are not sure if you should go that one more notch....or stay with the current level. The old adage about "Perfection being the enemy of the very good".

I'm sure others have experienced this indecision. Or is it usually pretty clear that a fill is needed or not?

You need to take a deep breath, and take every day as it comes. In the beginning post-surgery you have swelling that helps you to feel restriction without having any fill in the band. Will you NEED a fill at some point? Maybe, maybe not. But it's really not worth worrying over it now! You're only what, 10 days past surgery? You have a long time before you have to think about needing a fill!

So, I was banded on 8/12. Swelling has gone down, incisions are healing nicely, and I feel nearly back to normal.

On the liquids phase, I was very hungry between meals, but I adhered to the stict instructions during this phase.

Now that I have graduated to mushies, I am finding that the small portions are satisfying my hunger for 3 - 4 hours. In about 5 days, I can begin stage 4 - soft foods.

I feel so good though that I started introducing some of the stage 4 foods in very limited quantities into my current diet with mostly mushy foods. Last night I tried this for the first time and had some tender Cod. I chewed extremely well and took it slow. I had no ill effects and feel awesome!

Maybe it's too early to tell, but I am afraid that a fill might change all of this and I'll start experiencing some of the negative aspects of the band that I have read about.

I guess this can happen at any stage in the process between fills when you are not sure if you should go that one more notch....or stay with the current level. The old adage about "Perfection being the enemy of the very good".

I'm sure others have experienced this indecision. Or is it usually pretty clear that a fill is needed or not?

I just got my first fill on August 18th and my surgery was June 30th. About 3-4 weeks post op, I could basically eat anything I wanted. I promise you after a fill, you will surely see a difference in what you can eat and how much. Best of luck to you!

yes, you do need to get the fills. 4 wks after surgery, i was pretty much eating anything and everything. when i did get my fill, it was a huge STOP sign and i realized that i was eating way too much. i noticed a huge difference in my amounts i put on my plate and how much i actually ate. i stopped before i was full, i stopped when i was satisfied. the lapband is my tool to lose weight and if i don't work with it, then it was all for nothing. you have to eat right and exercise. the band just limits your amounts you can take it.

you are doing fine and it is all normal how you are feeling.

10 days post-op I don't think your doctor would even consider it. Some people have to wait 6 weeks for a fill, others are more lucky and only have to wait 4 weeks. Take your time....it's a long road. If you're doing good, don't rock the boat.

P.S I wish I was feeling that good....right now I want to cut off my arm and stab myself in the stomach were it hurts!! Just be thankful you are feeling so good.