Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is everyone truly eating only ONLYone cup of food per sitiing?

Just a question. I thought about this earlier when reading a post, I had a fill last week(2.7cc's..) and was beginning to worry about not really feeing alll the "restricted"(that is until today, yea!) I myself don't measure my food-but if I think about it, the amount I put on my plate seems to be about a cup full. For instance, I'll make a few servings of egg whites/salmon, take a serving out, and refrigerate the rest for the next day- but i don't actually measure, I go by how I feel(and even if I don''t feel very full-I STOP eating..lol..) I was just wondering if easuring was something that most do.And if so, is it a cup TOTAL(protein AND veggies) or just the meat, etc...

I'm like you Isabella, I judge by eye to a cup-full for total meal, and even then I still find myself leaving food on the plate as I feel satisfied. I have been losing quite well although seem to have hit a plateau in the last week or so. Maybe I should actually measure my food for a few days to see how accurate my eye is!

A cup is about the average size of meal after the band!

I'm one who doesn't measure either. Sometimes I put too much on the plate (my eyes are always bigger than my stomach!) and I just leave most of it. I had a frozen meal the other day and I put it in a measuring cup just to see how much there was. Exactly 1 cup. So I think I'm doing well. I don't usually finish a frozen meal.

Marci

I was kind of wondering about that. I haven't been measuring food but have been doing an online log and counting calories, fat grams, etc. I try to be careful of how much I consume at one time. I have a great fear of stretching out the pouch above the band. I have only had one fill and that was 2 cc. While it has helped reduce the hunger some, I can still eat more than I was hoping. Like I said, I do try to make myself stop even if I'm not completely satisified and am finding out what foods keep me more full. I guess I thought that after the band I would eat about 1/4 cup total and be good to go and that's not the case.

i generally eat about 1 cup at each meal, some days a little more, some days less. i am still working on not drinking with my meals. that is one of the hardest things to stop doing, it is a habit and i am doing better.

i do measure out my food and i try to make wise choices. scared to go out to eat again after my vomiting episode 2 weeks ago when i went out to eat with family. :)

I didn't have any restriction until my 3rd fill. I still don't eat much more than a cup at each meal.

If I can do it - you can too!!! Good Luck to all of you!

I'm not much of a measurer either, I'd rather listen to my body and stop eating when I'm satisfied. I've learned the difference between full and satisfied, and I hate that full feeling now! If I find myself hitting a plateau or gaining a few pounds, I will measure for a day or two just to keep myself in check...I'm usually spot on, and sometimes even eating less. I've come to realize that a cup of food is a lot bigger than one would think! My doctor likes to keep my portions around a cup, but he doesn't get overly concerned if I can eat a little more or less than that. If you listen to your body and recognize its signs, you really can't fail.

I was banded on 6/17 and started to eat only a cup of food at a sitting. But still had restriction. 1 cup was really not enough for me after about a month. So I would just stop myself when I hit about 1 1/2 cups of food and just lost that way. I just had my second fill a few days ago and now I really have restriction! But my doctor always told me that he does not want me to measure my food. Because he said that if you eat 1 cup of cream Soup, you will not be full and you have put a lot of empty calories in you. He said that he would rather me eat 3 cups of fish and veggies because that doesn't have many calories and stay full longer. It makes more sense to me that way also. But, I don't measure my food either, It feels like such a diet to me that way. I get discouraged and feel like I can't have anything. So it just works for me. It works better for many people. Keep up the good work and good luck to you!

-Rochelle