Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third band

Day 4: :unsure: In 2010 my band was replaced due to a slippage. I found it very hard to get back on track and did not feel that the band was working for me. After 12 months of fills and unfills, weight gain, reflux and the anxiety of missing food, I went to a new surgeon.My orginal Surgeon retired. The reason I was going through this was my band had slipped again. The surgery showed lots of adhesions and my organs were enlarged. My new surgeon removed my band and I had to wait 3 months before I could get a new one. Now with a new band in I am now starting the weight loss journey again. Wish me luck I now have 17kg to lose and feel a little lost and unsure. Getting use to fluids is very hard. Will keep you posted.:huh:

Ok Day 6: Full of energy, no pain and feel like I have not even had surgery.:D I am finding that I am hungry and the liquid diet is hard to keep up. I really now wonder how I did this at the start.:o Have not weighed myself but will on Thursday as this is then 1 week. Will keep you all up to date. Can not wait to start the soft food diet.

Day 12; :blink: This is hard, I am not sure if I have rose coloured glasses on last time but I am sure that the liquid diet I was on was not that bad. I have been having Soup that can come through a straw BUT am so hungry. The Fluid is going straight through me and I am always looking for something to eat. I know that I can not have a fill for a few more weeks but really need the feeling of being full. I am so looking forward to starting the baby food stage. I have lost 2.5 kilogram. 14.5 kilograms to go.:o

Going to start walking tomorrow. A group of us are using half our lunch time for walking, so for 15 minutes we are doing a brief fast walk to get ourselves up and about. Have the doctors appointment on 6th September which will be day 19. hopefully will have lost 4 kilograms by then.:P Keep you posted.

You're doing great so far, you should be very proud of the weight you've lost. And we all know about the hard liquid stage, just remember that nothing tastes as good as looking slimmer!! I've had 2 slips in the past, but luckily I didn't need my band to be replaced, just all the Fluid taken out.

I really admire you for starting again and I wish you well with your new band :)

When do you start on mushy food?

Dear Vez, Good luck you have been through everyones nightmare and you have handled it. I hope you surgeon sewed your band in place so you cant get a slippage. Mine does that on all bands and he has never had a slippage. The other thing is the throwing up which I have done more of than I care to admit but I have learned my band now and it is very rare. I think I was a slow learner though.

Anyway I hope you are super careful because with previous tendency to slip you really need to minimize the throwing up as much as possible! Easier said than done!

Anyway good luck and be nice to yourself in these hard and hungry early days...its not a race!

7 weeks - Not doing so well with the weight loss, have only lost 2 kgs. I am looking forward to having my fill on Tuesday. Hoping this will curb my hunger. I do not think I have ever been this hungy before. (must have been at one stage)

Thanks for the support, hopefully I will log on in the next few weeks lighter.:rolleyes: