Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ISSUES WITH RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM TO PB AFTER EATING AND CHEWING AND CHEWING AND CHEWING LOL....(THIS IS GROSS JUST AN FYI) IS IT SLIMMY AND THICK Fluid THAT COMES OUT? ITS NOT REALLY MUCUS, BUT ITS CLEAR, SCENT AND TASTE FREE. NOT ACID FROM MY STOMACH EITHER AS THE FFOD HASNT HIT MY STOMACH YET. I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO TAKE A BITE CHEW SWALLOW AND WAIT A HALF HOUR BEFORE I TAKE MY NEXT BITE. IF I DONT WAIT THAT LONG (KINDA), IT COMES BACK UP. ITS ANNOYING AND I KNOW I SHOULD SLOW DOWN. BUT THE FOODS I AM EATING ARE NOT OR SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE. ADVICE PLEASE?

I am having the same problem. I am only able to eat two bites of ANYTHING before feeling totally uncomfartable. I think I'm too tight because what I eat is coming up just like how you described. I just had my latest fill on Thursday and I think you're suppossed to be able to eat about 3/4 cup of food. I feel like a cow chewing on a cud because I'm chewing so much!!! I don't know, I can live with this until I go see the doc again in 6 weeks. I think right now it's just finding my stopping point.

You BOTH sound too tight to me.

You BOTH sound too tight to me.

I JUST GOT A FILL 2 DAYS AGO. I DON'T FEEL TOO TIGHT. I'M NOT UNCOMFY WHEN I EAT. I JUST FEEL LIKE MAYBE I'M NOT EATING THE RIGHT FOODS? AND I KNOW I AM EATING TOO FAST. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF PEOPLE HAD THIS ALSO. I'VE HAD THIS 6.5CC SET FILL FOR A FEW MONTHS. IT DOES LOOSEN UP AFTER ABOUT A WEEK. I JUST EAT SMOOSHY FOODS FOR THAT TIME AND SLOWLY ADD MORE ON.

Eating too fast may be it along with not eating the right foods. Anything breaded always gives me trouble so I avoid it. I usually take a bite the size of a pea, chew it until it can't be chewed anymore, swallow and then wait about a minute before taking the next bite. I also put down my fork/spoon while waiting. I know it sounds tedious, but maybe that will help.

It does sound that you are either too tight, not chewing well enough, or eating too fast. You may still be a bit swollen from the fill. So...do 1 day of liquids so that if you are swollen, it goes away. Then....eat slowly and chew chew chew and the chew some more. If you've still got the sliming...you might need a *slight un-fill. Even .1cc could make a world of difference.

OH AND I CAN NOT EAT bread AT ALL (SNIFFLE) LOL....TODAY WAS A MUCH BETTER DAY. I HAD MILK/PROTEIN shake FOR Breakfast WITH JUST SLIGHT ISSUES BECAUSE IT WAS RIGHT AFTER WAKING UP. THEN I HAD A coffee AND I JUST HAD TO SLOW DOWN BECAUSE I COULD FEEL THE BUILD UP. OF COURSE IT WAS ICED :0) THEN FOR lunch I HAD chicken POT PIE. ABOUT HMM 1/2 CUP. BUT I DIDNT EAT IT ALL BECAUSE I STOPPED WHEN I WAS FULL. THEN FOR snack I HAD A SMALL banana. THEN FOR dinner I HAD A HALF OF KASHI OAT MEAL WITH SKIM MILK. I DID WELL!! NO RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM TODAY!! WOOHOOOOO!!!